Test Your Internet Speed.

Well, T-Mobile 5G is great here in the US home of T-Mobile. I get about 600-700 Mbps on 5G at home, 500-600 Mbps around town.

I’ve seen maybe 5 or 6 Mbps on 5g in all of my tests within ~30 min or so in any direction.

That’s LTE speeds. Here, me and my lady were talking about phone internet speeds. She has an iPhone 11 that only has LTE and mentioned my phone speeds were always so fast compared to hers. That’s the 5G and the fact we have 1 Gbps internet at home. May be upgrading her soon.

5G test from my living room. The 5GHz WiFi only pulls 450 Mbps but much better upload.

83B254C3-42DB-4A9C-B404-1C244B0E550C.jpeg

yeah I wish I could get speeds like that. Att, verizon and tmobile had 5g added to the area maybe 2 years ago? I could be wrong with that time frame, but I feel like it was around that time. They all wanted users to get 5g capable sim cards if the phone supported it. I've tried numerous providers, and they were all around the same speed. Thankfully I can be on wifi 98% of the time, so the "5g" speed doesn't really matter.

5G really starting to kick butt while out and about. View attachment 65458

Damn! Fast AF.
yeah I wish I could get speeds like that. Att, verizon and tmobile had 5g added to the area maybe 2 years ago? I could be wrong with that time frame, but I feel like it was around that time. They all wanted users to get 5g capable sim cards if the phone supported it. I've tried numerous providers, and they were all around the same speed. Thankfully I can be on wifi 98% of the time, so the "5g" speed doesn't really matter.
I've always said 5G was a BS gimmick and will take a while to be what they keep saying it should be. You see all these commercials for 5G this and 5G that but anytime I've had "5G icon" on my phone it's been 4G LTE speeds.

I disabled WiFi. Gave it a few minutes then ran 3 speed tests. When I disconnected from WiFi it showed "5G".. :giggle:

And it might say 3.4Mbps to 4.1Mbps but it feels slower than that.

Screenshot_20221123-064724.pngScreenshot_20221123-064902.pngScreenshot_20221123-065023.png

Back of Home Depot in Bellevue. I really can’t complain bout our 5G speeds.

B50D7B31-7618-4608-955A-1B55B0752E3F.png

I’m getting a work issued phone that has AT&T service instead of my normal T-Mobile. I’ll update what the speeds are to compare.

I had the choice between an S21 or iPhone. I did the iPhone because my other phone is. Maybe I should’ve had both systems.

Back