Test Your Internet Speed.

I do live in the suburbs about 10 miles from the city centers of Seattle and Bellevue. t-Mobile just has good 5G here.

My modem is holding me back :hiding:

14386506952.png

You have the option to put your phone into LTE mode only and see what your 4G-LTE speeds are? Curious.

My phone with AT&T 5G service sucks but it’s not that bad. I’m gonna try to force it into LTE mode and see what it speeds at.

Update: In LTE mode, it is faster than just 5G mode by about double, 50 Mbps (5G) vs 110 Mbps (LTE).

Last edited:
is that even noticeably different than 500-700mbps?

You talking about my previous home test (500Mbps) vs my 5G speeds? Or do you mean will I notice a difference going from 500Mbps to 900Mbps?

You have the option to put your phone into LTE mode only and see what your 4G-LTE speeds are? Curious.

My phone with AT&T 5G service sucks but it’s not that bad. I’m gonna try to force it into LTE mode and see what it speeds at.

Update: In LTE mode, it is faster than just 5G mode by about double, 50 Mbps (5G) vs 110 Mbps (LTE).
I do see "Preferred Network Type" and 5G (recommended) is selected.

Edit: I just selected the "LTE" option.

pretty much, yeah.

Going from 500Mbps -> 900Mbps I'd probably not notice the difference especially since it's my wife and I. We don't have any Smart TV's (well bedroom has a Roku).

I'm sure there are people on here that would notice the difference.

one day i'll upgrade my home speed. chances are if we move out west it will be slower though. lol

$90 for that is good. What you talking about it being slow out west? :think:
There's not much choice. I was looking at third party providers at first because they're always cheaper. That's what I use right now. Really hate going through the big companies.

Back