Test Your Internet Speed.

Seems like your service is crap regardless of cellular signal type
Its definitely my area.. I'm not that close to a big city. Also my neighborhood is surrounded by the water and also we have an airport (small one) by us so I'm sure that doesn't help.

This was this morning maybe 10-15 minutes from my house when I was getting groceries. Why is fast.com so much slower? That's what I want to know.

Screenshot_20230311-103443.pngScreenshot_20230311-103426.png

Its definitely my area.. I'm not that close to a big city. Also my neighborhood is surrounded by the water and also we have an airport (small one) by us so I'm sure that doesn't help.

This was this morning maybe 10-15 minutes from my house when I was getting groceries. Why is fast.com so much slower? That's what I want to know.

View attachment 65781View attachment 65782
When you’re on fast, hit the “show more info” button to see the server info, location data, latency etc.

D0C91C6D-F1A4-491C-83BC-89C60CBA41D7.jpeg

Current Cable (Voice) modem is limited to 600Mbps but Xfinity has upped my plan over the last few years for "free" and I'm not getting the max..

I need a cable modem that supports voice since we have a "house" phone (don't ask - wife HAS to have it so she can talk to her mom... :rolleyes: ).

Netgear made a CM1150V modem that would work but can't find it anywhere.

Not sure I feel like dropping $300 on this model. I don't have any speed issues so that's why I can't justify spending the $300 or what going from 600Mbps to 1000Mbps (I believe what my plan includes).

NETGEAR Nighthawk Xfinity Modem with Voice (CM2050V) Cable Modem DOCSIS 3.1 Gigabit, Supports Cable Plans Up to 2.5 Gbps, 2 Phone Lines https://a.co/d/gybl6dg

Speedtest - T-Mobile 5G from Windsor Locks, CT. Pretty good even on the opposite coast inside an old brick building.

IMG_0023.png

Did you want him to test it outside? What’s weird about testing inside a building?

I mean that's great he's getting those speeds inside. Wonder where the 5G Tower is located.
Could be on a light pole next to his building

1687394994324.png

This was about 1.5 miles away from my tests in my previous post...

No 5G+ just 5G.

Screenshot_20230622-164130.png

I mean that's great he's getting those speeds inside. Wonder where the 5G Tower is located.
Could be on a light pole next to his building

View attachment 66031
Hell if I know where the cell towers are. I was just getting crap WiFi so I checked out the 5G speeds to see if I should’ve been tethering to get a connection

Hell if I know where the cell towers are. I was just getting crap WiFi so I checked out the 5G speeds to see if I should’ve been tethering to get a connection
Yeah definitely tether! Fast AF
You can do work faster ;)

Different spot, same building. A couple hundred feet away. Much slower

IMG_0026.png

Are you using the desktop site on your phone? Mine doesn't do upload speeds unless I open the website as "desktop site"

Screenshot_20230623-155633.png

Back