Test Your Internet Speed.

That download speed is at the Bed & Breakfast we are staying at for the weekend (not on the WiFi)
Screenshot_20230623-155838.pngScreenshot_20230623-155909.png

Been having issues with the work laptop wi-fi. Finally dug through that box of random cable junk and was able to plug the laptop tp the wall, lol.

Now getting 565 up and and 566 down.

Last edited:
Been having issues with the work laptop wi-fi. Finally dug through that box of random cable junk and was able to plug the laptop tp the wall, lol.

Now getting 565 up and and 566 down.
Again? Even after you bought the USB wifi adapter? Dang tech hates you lol

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey. That’s pretty respectable. Very respectable.

Seems like they’re finally updating your infrastructure.

My T-Mobile service is about that but locked at 25 Mbps upload. My AT&T (work phone) is absolute garbage at 10-15 Mbps download.

Hey. That’s pretty respectable. Very respectable.

Seems like they’re finally updating your infrastructure.

My T-Mobile service is about that but locked at 25 Mbps upload. My AT&T (work phone) is absolute garbage at 10-15 Mbps download.

I did another test this morning from a different location (5G - not 5G+) and I pulled 243 Mbps (down) / 25 Mbps (up).
Definitely improved. Of course at my house/neighborhood the speeds are horrible but that's because living on/by the water + local airport + National Guard Base. I feel like all those things cause bad service in my area lol

My personal phone is Xfinity Mobile (uses Verizon towers) and my work phone is Verizon.

Is your work phone 5G? Is it older or something? Why does it get such low download speeds compared to your personal phone?

The wifi at this airbnb we are staying at this week. Wife is on a zoom meeting, if that matters.

1696536545593.png

At the new house plugged to the wall.....

1696915725601.png

I was at 14 down and 17 up on wifi yesterday at the new house......

Sounds like you need a better wireless router or a mesh setup.
Got any options for products? Not trying to spend a bunch of cash. All tvs will be hard wired so just printers and phones will be using wifi.

My Wyze cams are struggling a bit to be in range of the base station. Only getting one bar out of three. I was thinking of moving the base station from the storage closet to the attic and placing it closer to the front of the house and see if that helps. Hard part would be running an ethernet cord up into the attic.

Got any options for products? Not trying to spend a bunch of cash. All tvs will be hard wired so just printers and phones will be using wifi.

My Wyze cams are struggling a bit to be in range of the base station. Only getting one bar out of three. I was thinking of moving the base station from the storage closet to the attic and placing it closer to the front of the house and see if that helps. Hard part would be running an ethernet cord up into the attic.

I've been using Google WiFi Mesh (now called Nest WiFi) setup for a few years. But then again my house is much smaller than yours (1120sq ft - 1 floor). I have the main router + 1 "puck" as they call it.

Router 2-pack: Up to 4400 square feet of coverage

https://store.google.com/product/nest_wifi_pro_specs?hl=en-US

@webby might have some better options. I'm sure he's anti-Google. He might recommend some Apple product :giggle:

yea, either a mesh system like booty mentioned, or you could buy an access point?

This just needs plugged into a wall outlet for power, and then it'd repeat your wifi signal. Every time you add a hop with a mesh system, you're effectively slowing your internet down unless you have a dedicated ethernet line going from each mesh unit back to the router. Quite a few mesh systems don't even have that option, so they just work as a repeater. Maybe it's not a big deal though if it's just for printers and stuff?
Amazon product
View: https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-Wireless-Beamforming-Multi-SSID-TL-WA1201/dp/B08SBXVSF3/

The better option (but requires more work) - you could get up in your attic and run a network cable from your router to a central area in the ceiling. It's hardwired with the network cable, so the speed of it is better. It's not repeating the signal like the other unit. It's broadcasting your real internet speed like it's a router. The downside is you'd need to run a network cable from this unit in your ceiling down to your router closet.
Amazon product
View: https://www.amazon.com/TP-Link-EAP610-V2-Wireless-Integrated/dp/B09XM74VQL/

@webby and I were talking... When y'all are on cellular/data.. run a speed test and then run a fast.com test and see the difference. If you can screenshot and share. Just want to compare.

Back