trustdestruction's '12 Si FB6 Build

I replaced the wiper blade inserts today. Wow, what a clever way to do it (as in whoever invented the removable inserts). It was extremely easy and cheap, and less material to go in the trash. I had never done inserts before on a car, usually just change the whole thing.

And, I replaced the passenger side windshield washer spray nozzle. It didn't fix the problem of the clog I have. It's spraying pretty weak. I think the check valve that splits the hose into 2 hoses is either clogged or broken. This actually happened to my girlfriend's Corolla a couple of weeks ago.

Last edited:
Changed them already?
It's been about 15 months and I live in FL. I thought the maintenance "schedule" for them was recommended 6 months? Mine were getting a little streaky. I had been cleaning them too, with Stoner's invisible glass on a shop towel, every time I detail the car.

Oops! Forgot to order my Rays forged lug nuts upon receiving shipping notification of wheels. Ordered now, I hope they get here in time for a Saturday installation!

And geez, mounting/balancing is a rip... $124 for all 4. Like buying a whole extra wheel, wtf. Good thing I have lifetime alignment though, which I need to get at the same time since i've lowered. I think 2 weeks of spring settling is probably fine. I drive it every day.

Last edited:
Reactions: 323
After the wheels and the coil pack cover, I think it's going to be no more mods for a few weeks, aside from ordering some different stickers for the XXR center caps. I might order the sway bar too since it's relatively cheap compared to some of the other purchases.

My plans are winding down, with only intake, rear sway/end links, and potential exhaust remaining. Hoping to get the Takeda intake for my birthday though.

Reactions: Nix
After the wheels and the coil pack cover, I think it's going to be no more mods for a few weeks, aside from ordering some different stickers for the XXR center caps. I might order the sway bar too since it's relatively cheap compared to some of the other purchases.

My plans are winding down, with only intake, rear sway/end links, and potential exhaust remaining. Hoping to get the Takeda intake for my birthday though.

Cheap...

http://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/moog-endlinks.8058/#post-191473

I bought the Sylvania DRL-Highbeam bulbs that you have. They are really yellow. Are your high beams shining a white colour as these bulbs advertize??????? The DRL are yellow, but you mentioned that, but I was surprised when I tested my high beams and they were yellow too. In fact, I don't see any differnce between the OEM ones we already have and these new ones I got.

Last edited:
I bought the Sylvania DRL-Highbeam bulbs that you have. They are really yellow. Are your high beams shining a white colour as these bulbs advertize??????? The DRL are yellow, but you mentioned that, but I was surprised when I tested my high beams and they were yellow too. In fact, I don't see any differnce between the OEM ones we already have and these new ones I got.
Mine shine white except for during DRL-use. You've seen the pics I sent you, right?

Not sure why the pics are upside down, but mine are clearly white.

image-jpg.19788

image-jpg.19789

Tires Plus FTL. Bunch of idiots.

1. Called a few months ago and Tires Plus said they will dismount my tires and reinstall them onto new rims for X amount of dollars. Today, I called the same location to make the appointment for Saturday and I was told that they will not mount used tires regardless of how great of condition they are in. I called back a few minutes later because I forgot to mention the alignment, and I got a different person on the phone. He told me that he didn't know what the other guy was talking about but that they can do it (dismount/mount tires without them being new). We got sidetracked talking about the alignment and I forgot to confirm the appointment before we hung up. I called back to confirm the appointment and I got the first guy on the phone and he says they won't do it. I asked to talk to the store manager and he also told me that they do not do it. I told him that his employees need to stop misinforming customers and should be taught their own store policies.

I called Kaufman tire and made an appointment for 2:30PM Saturday. They said they'll do it as long as the tires are in good condition, and they also charge $24 less total for the same service (dismount/mount/balance/TPMS-kit).

On 12/26/2009 I purchased a lifetime alignment from Tires Plus location X in Titusville FL for my 93 del Sol. One of the selling points was that it was transferable to a new car one-time, which was very important in my decision making process.

In 11/2010 I bought a new car, 2011 CR-Z. I revisited the location to have the alignment transferred and the employee was going to honor it but the CR-Z, a brand new car to the market, was not in there system. He told me to try again another time when I need an alignment and hopefully it will be in the system. I never needed the alignment so I never did this.

3/2012 I bought the 2012 Civic Si, and a few months later I called that location to have the lifetime alignment transferred. They acted like I was crazy and said they had no idea what I was talking about.

A couple of month ago, maybe 4/2013, I called the New Tampa location to ask about it. They said they did not know what I was talking about but found my existing lifetime alignment on the 93 del Sol and said they would honor the transfer. I spent about 15 minutes on the phone while he took my info, including the VIN, and supposedly processed the transfer. OK, finally.

I called today 6/13/13 to make the appointment for tire mounting and alignment and they told me it was not transferred when I called and they don't know what I am talking about. This person was friendly though and I told him I would do some research on it. He confirmed that I do have it still for the 93 del Sol, but does not know anything of the transfer or the ability to. He said he worked there 7 years.

So, I called Tires Plus corporate and they took down my case after some assertiveness from myself and the district manager is supposedly going to call me back within 24 hours.

Last edited:
Wow dude. You are just having a run of bad luck lately between this and your apt.

Wow dude. You are just having a run of bad luck lately between this and your apt.
Yeah. I have great disdain towards most large corporations. Hopefully the district manager will clear this up. It's not a matter of whether or not they offer this service, it's that I was promised it. I would completely understand if I was mistaken and was never told this, but I was in fact promised that part of the service, and it greatly influenced my decision to purchase the service. I knew that I would be wanting a new car in the next couple years, at the time of purchase. But I was working on the suspension a lot at the time so I needed multiple alignments to be possible even though I wasn't planning to keep the car past a few years.

Last edited:
Things are looking up. Luckily if they don't do anything it's just going to cost me $80 for the alignment. Much smaller problem than the apt was. But still a definite problem.

Last edited:
Reactions: Nix
Lug nuts still say "Electronic Shipping Info Received", and it wasn't printed until 6/13. I ordered 6/11 at 12pm and they have a 1 business day handling time. I even put "Please ship ASAP" in the seller notes section on eBay. (This is the only seller on ebay selling these lugs, looks reputable too).

Anyway, normally that 1 day wouldn't be a big deal but it's looking like the ebay listing's estimated June 14th-15th delivery date is not going to happen.

If they don't come in time, i'm going to buy cheap lugs from the auto parts store just so I can have my rims swapped this weekend (tires have to be moved to new wheels). Then swap them out when the new ones get here.

I rescind my statement of Tires Plus FTL. Not all suck. I got a call from the Titusville store that I used to visit and they said they do transfer the alignments for their customers (just this district) and that they are calling my New Tampa store to tell them to honor it. He also told me that at the Titusville store they do mount currently-being-used tires as long as they're in good condition. I'm still going to Kauffman tire for the mounting/balancing though, as the Titusville store is of course not near where I now reside.

Back