Turbo+ AWD!!!!!

I just checked it out, on 2nd thought I'm glad I didn't buy one because it's very small and cramped inside, it would've got very annoying as a DD, not to mention it's about 150 torks down from the wrx.ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338853271.425651.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338853308.957479.jpg

Jason: No offense to this but when you were talking about getting the BRZ I was thinking that you wouldn't be happy with the less torque/powar.. I know you said it would be fine because of the cornering and stuff but just didn't buy it.. :shrug:

Yea, handling and agility are fun for a weekend car but I'm glad I came to my senses and kept with boost & torque for a dd.

I thought back to my rx8 days and realized the BRZ wouldnt be so much fun after a few months.

Moderator on Nasioc that I've talked to for a few years (duh! online only of course) got a '13 BRZ.

SubyDude/WheelDude had him test fit a set of Rota's 17x9

5779693408195601332524408284n-M.jpg

57677535436898686042073526907n-M.jpg

1796513543702628923665636741n-M.jpg

5433013543695068734123765148n-M.jpg

http://www.wheeldude.com/wordpress/whats-new/2012/06/04/bills-2012-subaru-brz-test-fitting-17x9-dpts

It looks good. He's planning on Auto-x it alot.

Yuck to Rota, yum to fitment! That size looks great! I wonder if there are any rubbing issues. I told Josh the first mod for the FR-S is to get rid of those god awful wheels. They are almost as ugly as the ones that were on the Camry.

Josh is at the detailers this morning having the car done up. Should look really good. These guys have done excellent work on many cars around here including Dawn's last week (looks so amazing), Newell's when he first got it, and a few others' I know of.

Jason- Reasoning makes sense to me. I will say after driving the FR-S and the MR2, I don't think I could go back to the WRX as a "fun" car, but definitely could as a DD. I miss the space and comfort. It was big and squishy. Even my 07 was much squishier.

I'm in for the food meet if the others down here are. We'd have to do it on a weekend Josh is off though. I'd imagine we would take the STi, not the Corolla. Screw gas mileage, comfort is a must, and the STi is the most spacious of the cars parked at our house.

The MR2 went to the shop today. I have too many projects on it to tackle the motor, so I'm having a trusted shop look it over and address some minor issues. My steering rack should be in tomorrow, so I can get my power steering working again with any luck. After that comes brakes (lines, rotors, and pads) and to find the clunk in the rear suspension. If the shop doesn't run me too much, I may start shopping for a new coilover setup. I think mine are shot. I've got a small list going for my next order of parts- a few other bushings and some aesthetics that are exhausted from 20 years of neglect and abuse. Hopefully this thing will be running strong in a month and will see some autocross.

EDIT: Sorry for the long post, had to catch up on a few days of posts

Good to hear things are working out on the mr2, the food meet should probably be closer to the end of june-begin of july, so hopefully we can all lock on a day where we don't have work or other commitments.

Jason F, stop convincing yourself you did the right thing. Sorry, mate, that's what it has sounded like to me since you decided not to do it. I too am glad you came to your senses even though I'm still flabbergasted that you traded a limited for a base. But whatever, it's yours and red is the **** so alls good.

Who's going to OC AWD? I'm not looking back because I'm on my phone.

My car looks fairly new again.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338909085.181574.jpg
The trunk is Jetblack and was a trade for wheels which is why there is no flecking.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338909144.127868.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338909172.730256.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1338909240.946627.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1338909302.863516.jpg

Jason F, stop convincing yourself you did the right thing. Sorry, mate, that's what it has sounded like to me since you decided not to do it. I too am glad you came to your senses even though I'm still flabbergasted that you traded a limited for a base. But whatever, it's yours and red is the **** so alls good.

Who's going to OC AWD? I'm not looking back because I'm on my phone.

My car looks fairly new again.

View attachment 2359
The trunk is Jetblack and was a trade for wheels which is why there is no flecking.

In a way I am, and I still want a BRZ, just not now. When the bugs are worked out of them in a few years I'll pick one up, or an s2k lol.

I do think that the sedan is better than my blue hatch, other than HIDs, the base has everything I need. And the leather on the WRX isn't that great.

Back