ultimate racing downpipe

you should try taking off the upper wiper cowling, like you would if you were going to change the valve cover. then you might be able to unbolt the downpipe and 02 from the top.

Sleepingpanda That's a good idea, thank you! Anyone know of a write up to be able to remove the upper cowling? That just might work...:coffee:

we need a 3rd party dyno from a member for verification

The car can reach over 215whp with a better exhaust and proper tuning. The intake is also unknown. Also, 207 whp is a good increase with bolt-ons and fp since a stock makes 175ish whp.
True. An 8th will gain more from basic bolt ons due to having vtec on the exhaust cam. That being said we have a better starting point power wise.

^even if we didn't, a non-integrated header would've been great because a proper header can make more power, and a much better sound. This motor is probably the ugliest sounding thing I've heard since the old school rotaries (not talking about the newer models, the older rx-7 sounded awful)

Yea.. I went to Honda yesterday for a friend buying a car and pretty much every Honda including the new accord has the header molded to the block. Stupid way to go.. WHY HONDA?? YOU KNOW WE LOVE HEADERS, IDIOTS!!

Integrated headers make a lot of sense for auto manufacturers in terms of efficiency and emissions. Power might not be the greatest, but it's easily outweighed by weight savings, emissions, and other operating efficiencies.

^even if we didn't, a non-integrated header would've been great because a proper header can make more power, and a much better sound. This motor is probably the ugliest sounding thing I've heard since the old school rotaries (not talking about the newer models, the older rx-7 sounded awful)
Throw a K&N SRI on and you'll take that back. That's the only mod I've done so far and it sounds awesome IMO.

Just giving everyone an update: Uninstalled my stock DP.. Also went ahead and did the coolant bypass for the throttle body =) . I have the following pics, and I'll update when the new DP arrives w/pics and videos.:turbospin:
IMG_20120918_134222.jpg

IMG_20120918_134229.jpg

IMG_20120918_151604.jpg

Webby, It's restrictive, heavy, and has a poorly designed flow path. Can't believe Honda uses this prehistoric looking part on an SI civic. Unbelievable. I have also lost a pint of blood throughout the uninstall. Not an easy task friend.

What the hell? What was Honda thinking?

any chance of another pic from the stock head opening... or a closer shot to see the stock connection from a different angle? Or set the opening of the pipe next to something to get a better size reference? It looks like an extremely small opening on that stock pipe. Comparing that to say 4 exhaust ports off the head of the k20 or whatever engine.

Back