ultimate racing downpipe

update
ultimate racing said:
If you run the Cattless DP without a "defouler", 99% the CEL will come on. This will not effect the performance of the car. Your car will run slightly (i mean very slightly) richer and will not effect you MPG. You can purchase the "defouler" from us if you purchase the DP from Ultimate Racing. Our "defouler" is not a piece of pipe, our has a cat bulit into the defouler. We will sell the defouler at our cost to you for $30.00 when you purchase our DP.FYI, we have not fully tested this defouler on a cattless DP for the 12 Civic Si. But with our experience with this product it should not trigger the CEL.

I was saying the downpipe is probably on in those

The exhaust in the videos has a straight pipe in the mid section with a stock DP. I don't like the way it sounds and there is no benefit to using a straight pipe..

Lol spdandpwr, agreed. Just an update for everyone: since I am the 1st to order a cat less DP, John over at U.R. is sending me a free “resonated defouler" to take care of the obvious cell light I would trigger otherwise.. pics and status update to come for 9thcivic.com :)

^^they sell the defouler for $30. Is that really "the works"? Not saying it's not nice of them to give you that or anything though...

I'm appreciative of the gesture, John's a nice guy. Just so long as I report my findings on this website, that's the agreement.

I was going to report my findings on the ILX forums...hmm, did you call or email? I think a call would've been more appropriate. Whatever the case, when I get the part I'll be happy to see the extra power gains.

didn't you say it won't fit the ILX in another post?

Back