Vacation Thread

Friends and I are hitting up Yellowstone this September.
I think Yellowstone is prob the closest thing to Alaska honestly. Parts of Montana and Yellowstone remind me a lot of Alaska. It’s beautiful as well.

Glacier National Park a couple hours north of Yellowstone is also amazing. The Tetons just southwest of Yellowstone are amazing too. That whole area is just amazing.

Booty turns into a popsicle if it drops below 78 degrees outside. Alaska is gorgeous. Everyone should try to see it at some point in their lifetime.

Yeah... I guess you are right. I'll try to visit Alaska but I don't want to do a cruise and want to go when it's not freezing.

Never! 50-70deg is best.

50...60... no thanks.
65-85* with low humidity all year lol (50's at night is okay - not below that tho)

I'm with booty. Hot over cold.
:thumbsup:

Going to a Bed & Breakfast next week in West Virginia (near Harpers Ferry/Charles Town).

Hillbrook_Inn_exterior.jpg

@bootyluvr is really going to W Va for the meth! lol

We are headed to VA at the new river trail in Draper. Going to hang out with the in-laws and prob do some biking. We are listing our current house for sale this week and doing an open house on the weekend so it all works out, lol.

This is the town where the in-laws are building a house. Literally next door to the house they are renting currently.

@bootyluvr is really going to W Va for the meth! lol

We are headed to VA at the new river trail in Draper. Going to hang out with the in-laws and prob do some biking. We are listing our current house for sale this week and doing an open house on the weekend so it all works out, lol.

This is the town where the in-laws are building a house. Literally next door to the house they are renting currently.

No I'm not going for meth :rotfl: Just a short Thursday-Saturday trip :)

Draper looks to be right off I81 south of Christiansburg.
My grandparents used to live in West Virginia and you would past the area you are staying then turn north onto I77 (off I81) it was North of Princeton, WV.

Do the in-laws bike?

No I'm not going for meth :rotfl: Just a short Thursday-Saturday trip :)

Draper looks to be right off I81 south of Christiansburg.
My grandparents used to live in West Virginia and you would past the area you are staying then turn north onto I77 (off I81) it was North of Princeton, WV.

Do the in-laws bike?
Yeah, right off 81 on the Shot Tower exit. They bike the new river trail all the time. He rides a comfort bike and she has a hybrid e-bike. Its a hard pack gravel trail that's pretty much flat. It's a total of 31 miles one way but we only ride a couple miles one way and back.

Yeah, right off 81 on the Shot Tower exit. They bike the new river trail all the time. He rides a comfort bike and she has a hybrid e-bike. Its a hard pack gravel trail that's pretty much flat. It's a total of 31 miles one way but we only ride a couple miles one way and back.

That's cool! My in-laws (well FIL has passed) I've never seen on a bike. My dad rides my old GT mountain bike that I still have at their house from time to time but I've never seen my mom on a bike :rotfl:

Supposed to be on vacation next week…don’t think it’s gonna happen.

We were supposed to be going to Lahaina on Maui. Seeing the news, looks like there’s no town left to go to.

Reading more, now reporting 36+ people dead and seeing some of the devastation. It’s pretty awful what happened. Based on the pictures, the place we had reservations for next Wednesday doesn’t exist anymore.

Reading more, now reporting 36+ people dead and seeing some of the devastation. It’s pretty awful what happened. Based on the pictures, the place we had reservations for next Wednesday doesn’t exist anymore.
That's crazy....

That’s horrible. The video footage from Hawaii online looks devastating.

Back