Vacation Thread

Hard to get over how clear the water is there. I'm used to dark green lakes that are so full of bacteria by the second month of summer they aren't safe to swim in.

That was a hard trip. We left our house Saturday at 4am. Drive 3 hours. Flew 5 hours drove another hour and a 45min ferry. Then all over again yesterday. Oh and Friday was st Patrick's Day which was our anniversary of the first day my wife and I met and her co-workers made us go out with them. My goal was to be home by 9. That happened but I drank way too much in a short time and had the hardest time waking up at 3am.
PXL_20230319_152140093.jpg

Probably going to Hawaii next year. Tickets were super cheap from Vancouver.
Wife wants to go to Hawaii at some people... But the flight from the East Coast makes her not want to (she doesn't like flying).

Wife wants to go to Hawaii at some people... But the flight from the East Coast makes her not want to (she doesn't like flying).
I hate flying too but I like going to new places.
I think the tickets were like $1400 for all 4 of us when I checked last. It was insanely low.

I hate flying too but I like going to new places.
I think the tickets were like $1400 for all 4 of us when I checked last. It was insanely low.
Damn. That is cheap.

Think it's around $650-$700/person (round trip) for me to fly from Baltimore to Honolulu.

But the flight from the East Coast makes her not want to
If you can get to California or the west coast, there are cruises that take you all the way to Hawaii from San Diego or other cities. I don’t know how she’d feel about the boat ride, but it’s an option.

If you can get to California or the west coast, there are cruises that take you all the way to Hawaii from San Diego or other cities. I don’t know how she’d feel about the boat ride, but it’s an option.
Oh no... Never been on a cruise and don't want to. Wife and her mom are doing a Canada/Maine cruise in September. Holland Cruises or something. They also go to Alaska and she's trying to get me to book one with her/her mom. Nope I'm good.

Oh no... Never been on a cruise and don't want to. Wife and her mom are doing a Canada/Maine cruise in September. Holland Cruises or something. They also go to Alaska and she's trying to get me to book one with her/her mom. Nope I'm good.
So she doesn't want to fly, and you don't like the idea of a cruise?
Holland america cruise lines is a thing. I know they have some ships that can go into some smaller places to see glaciers and stuff that larger cruise lines can't get to in alaska. Here is a shot entering a closed off canal area with a glacier at the end. The cruise line goes up to the end to see chunks of ice falling off into the ocean. The ship comes to a stop and completely spins 180 to go back out into open water after they let people take pics and stuff. That's one thing that you gain by going on a holland america cruise.

alaska.jpg

al2.jpg

So she doesn't want to fly, and you don't like the idea of a cruise?
Holland america cruise lines is a thing. I know they have some ships that can go into some smaller places to see glaciers and stuff that larger cruise lines can't get to in alaska. Here is a shot entering a closed off canal area with a glacier at the end. The cruise line goes up to the end to see chunks of ice falling off into the ocean. The ship comes to a stop and completely spins 180 to go back out into open water after they let people take pics and stuff. That's one thing that you gain by going on a holland america cruise.

View attachment 66063

View attachment 66064

Looks cold.. Brrr

Yeah she read a ton of reviews about them. They are flying to Quebec and then taking the cruise ship to Boston (stopping places in Canada and Maine along the way).

Looks cold.. Brrr
There were people swimming in the pools, but most of them got out when the cruise got to the area to see the glaciers. That was April if I remember right, so yea it’s not like it was 90 degrees outside in Alaska. Most of the trip was 60’s to 70’s temp wise.

Caribbean All Inclusive Resort > Alaska
Booty turns into a popsicle if it drops below 78 degrees outside. Alaska is gorgeous. Everyone should try to see it at some point in their lifetime.

Back