Vacation Thread

Secret Antelope Canyon (Bend, AZ)

zztEiWOjrpzyEQDXbAdax6OMJXcneJURKJINKpiwTPwDDhvz-YFhF6CJlT-K3OTnn4C56HUoASWWpQQH945h1CpMng1ECWg20uGPk3DV4RaKm70tJFZNWEnckv0G9bY6D9z9N25eE7RGK9sH1ReQtOrizyvthWrpu4R5xQQIf1Hcpy44luMjeldnDcJU9GaRkP_VvSTQja1ZEEMeHnpw4K0T3lQjPs6RprClNpJGKCvUmHI0fl9tFkTtxwdnuCUg8OIFTJmTyJRX-xbYSbqMvsKZv8mnTKgydsw8ZvLgoW2I8dYswgC_QFvL39awB4hBJGwCbGCOKj1BMThdcVFWJ-E5F5rtJV6Lbjmhalp5SUHAZKS94ATn19TSfGqjjOyOgY3YSMM5rMimQUM8bKA_uBJxpzhXNTgYYp4KK4lTAbyK7VFmOuY1QJdSjLfO6Vpv9fDjcmIUjahmvdklFs3wRzBo5Livhj4YmxW9hbINQXsTJ1JfK8qK7QfQpi4lkfGNKrvzFv6ccllBEawSolzswDO7-c8Bx0GeF5gjbXBGil6e5xnHbLOJUf86NkOvHzdxD-8AwB5TfIiN_X2UM4K1URVU8JCtn1eS1JeZ9fluwo4LUx0binK3KCWuootD-dZQQqUhML7LXtIBI2i0auIJNg0tdjDGWGolq1RCEaPwMrNFFlaDuD-Yfk96HnY_zsP9iW3ehFfA2BanE69MvzUBKACC0H1chGMxNEWptgEHz0BV1RpU5KPDSKjoL_fyCuauMtGig2b1Fpsjp56tAbDMxv9xd9Fhyfek082Zv2BQxuOVtatcybCxxxwW8wWKURG-ou3maemAv9flZ2q0va-6KEbMuyFWO2Au-UqPpNZqgE6wIVequZjnPOldRtKvuUSQyeaLt3wRYM3p8FjN5TSot7pQi_s9tvURLR6KgNuvowJuNkXHgJs52g6zXrYUYZmkq0t3-zutbnULlcmR6Ihqhcc=w528-h937-no

Flights remaining this year

Long Beach, CA - 11/15 (work)
Northern CA - Thanksgiving (family)
Vegas, baby - 12/2-12/5 (pleasure)
Charleston, SC - 12/9-12/12 (work)

I’m solidly a flying MVP next year with 100k+ miles. Trying to think of somewhere nice to go in 2023

Flights remaining this year

Long Beach, CA - 11/15 (work)
Northern CA - Thanksgiving (family)
Vegas, baby - 12/2-12/5 (pleasure)
Charleston, SC - 12/9-12/12 (work)

I’m solidly a flying MVP next year with 100k+ miles. Trying to think of somewhere nice to go in 2023
Are the 11/15 & 12/9 trips strictly work? Like inside a hotel/conference room?

We (Wife, MIL and I) are driving to Georgia week before Christmas for a wedding (wife's cousin). 12-13 hours in a vehicle with wife and MIL.. :eek:

North Georgia + Winter + Outside Wedding = ugh

We (Wife, MIL and I) are driving to Georgia week before Christmas for a wedding (wife's cousin). 12-13 hours in a vehicle with wife and MIL.. :eek:

Why not fly?

Long Beach is strictly work. I’m there like 24 hours and head home. It’s a quick turnaround thing for a meeting.

Charleston is also strictly work. Airplane testing over the weekend. I’ll be sitting on an airplane at the airport 10-12 hours each day.

15 hours with the wife, I can do that. With MIL, I’m flying alone and they can drive.

15 hours with the wife, I can do that. With MIL, I’m flying alone and they can drive.
:rotfl: my MIL has gotten better over the years. She doesn't annoy me as much :giggle:

Her & the wife can talk while I drive. They want to take turns driving.... :rolleyes: I don't like not driving/being in control lol

:rotfl: my MIL has gotten better over the years. She doesn't annoy me as much :giggle:

Her & the wife can talk while I drive. They want to take turns driving.... :rolleyes: I don't like not driving/being in control lol

I ended up driving the end way down but due to bad weather we left Baltimore the night before we were supposed to leave. An ice storm was to hit around 6-7am. We didn't want to risk it.

We left 9pm Wednesday and drove around 7 hours (til 3am) and stopped at a hotel. Slept from around 3am-7am and then had breakfast and drove the last 6-7 hours.

On the way home... The wife insisted to drive a few hours... She drove 2 hours and I drove the 10-11 hours. Her and her mom got into it a few times :eek: I just kept silent lol

May 2023 Trip Partially booked (didn't book airfare yet - gonna be pricey and they don't have any non-stop flights ugh)

Divi All Inclusive in Aruba - Ocean View

Going to SLC next weekend….wife is working there Thursday and Friday so perfect to head out there for the weekend and hit the slopes. Both flying back Monday.

May 2023 Trip Partially booked (didn't book airfare yet - gonna be pricey and they don't have any non-stop flights ugh)

Divi All Inclusive in Aruba - Ocean View
whats that cost? i priced out some all inclusive vacations with air fair for fun yesterday and didnt realize how expensive they were. like 5-9k for the 4 of us.
paid $3300 for the flights to costa rica, accommodations and rental car paid for by my dad. i kind of want to do a resort with the family but i feel like we would be bored after the first 2 days unless we went and did stuff but thats on top of the all inclusive price.

Going to SLC next weekend….wife is working there Thursday and Friday so perfect to head out there for the weekend and hit the slopes. Both flying back Monday.

Oh nice! enjoy!
You had me until I read "hit the slopes" :giggle:

whats that cost? i priced out some all inclusive vacations with air fair for fun yesterday and didnt realize how expensive they were. like 5-9k for the 4 of us.
paid $3300 for the flights to costa rica, accommodations and rental car paid for by my dad. i kind of want to do a resort with the family but i feel like we would be bored after the first 2 days unless we went and did stuff but thats on top of the all inclusive price.

Yeah it's pricey... We don't have kids so it's just 2 of us.

The resort was around $4k then flight for the 2 of us (not booked yet) is going to be around $1500.
We will be doing stuff (excursions) on top of the flight/resort cost. Not a ton but maybe an ATV ride and check out the town (maybe lunch/dinner once).

Back