Vacation Thread

:bump:

People planning vacations again? We are not because the wife isn't ready yet.

We are supposed to go to the beach with the wife's family last week of July. Her entire family gets together every year there. Some have said they won't be there already. My wife is planning on going but I'm not sure I feel like going this year.

I'm rescheduling all of my Japan stuff for next year. I doubt I'll be able to go anywhere this year -- my job still has a standing quarantine penalty if we leave the country right now :confused:

I'm rescheduling all of my Japan stuff for next year. I doubt I'll be able to go anywhere this year -- my job still has a standing quarantine penalty if we leave the country right now :confused:

Oh ****! That sucks. But you can leave the state?

Oh ****! That sucks. But you can leave the state?

Technically, yes. We still have to sign a waiver, though. If one of us comes back positive, they basically shut an entire department down.

On the upside, after asking twice for a refund from my travel agent, I got my money back. :turbospin:

However, there were lessons learned about planning even though I didn't get to actually go:

-Don't buy a group ticket like I did in an attempt to save everyone some cash. Wound up almost sinking about $4,000 of my money overseas.
-Don't use a travel agent. I wouldn't have been out of any money to request a refund if not for them. They wanted 750 bucks to give me back my $4,000.
-AirBnB can change its TOS overnight, scamming you out of money when you attempt to cancel. You'll just wake up to a 'Your host has canceled your stay' message, and your deposit isn't anywhere in the writing of the email.

The plus is that I know exactly what to do, and have more than enough to go next year.

We have been at this beach house at Holden Beach, NC since Saturday. Prob leaving Friday night.
The wifeys family has been doing a yearly beach trip for about 20 years now. About 15-20 people come every year. Location of the beach week changes every few years but is usually NC or SC

3675DB52-475A-4962-9B81-53D923555D9E.jpeg

Wifey and I are looking at escaping to US Virgin Islands before her work starts back up and she starts traveling again. We shall see if it pans out or not.

I’m trying to go sit in a tent or small cabin this weekend and unplug. Weather doesn’t look like it’ll cooperate though. ..I miss camping.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I’m trying to go sit in a tent or small cabin this weekend and unplug. Weather doesn’t look like it’ll cooperate though. ..I miss camping.

Yeah supposed to be in the mid 90's and humid here this weekend.. :eek:

But you make more than the rest of us other states ;)
Ha. Not that much more. Definitely doesn't offset the increased cost of living. Unless I cross that 6 figure income threshold I don't see myself being here for the long term.

Ha. Not that much more. Definitely doesn't offset the increased cost of living. Unless I cross that 6 figure income threshold I don't see myself being here for the long term.

I've only lived in Maryland... Now that I think about it I've only lived in 1 neighborhood my entire life :hiding:

I've only lived in Maryland... Now that I think about it I've only lived in 1 neighborhood my entire life :hiding:

I've only lived in Texas, and I've never really left the Eastern half of it. I mean, Texas is okay and all -- but I keep hearing about all the cool stuff everyone else has, and I feel left out.

Truthfully, I'd like to live somewhere else completely for a little bit-- but keep that on the down-low! :shhhh:

Back