Vacation Thread

I do have hair down pass my shoulders. I went to the beach today too. Living in San Diego has its perks. Looks like it’s about to shut back down again though.

I've only lived in Texas, and I've never really left the Eastern half of it. I mean, Texas is okay and all -- but I keep hearing about all the cool stuff everyone else has, and I feel left out.

Truthfully, I'd like to live somewhere else completely for a little bit-- but keep that on the down-low! :shhhh:

I'm .3 of a mile from the house where I grew up. Yes that's a .3.

I've always lived in South Carolina. Only moved about a mile away from my mom's house where I grew up.

Nice. Yeah I'm in the same neighborhood. My wife is the same. She grew up in same neighborhood also.

Wow. That's nuts. I'm from St. Louis. Lived there for 25 years. Moved a bunch once I finished HS. Was always within 20 miles of where I grew up until 2011 when I moved here to SD. And have moved 10 times since moving to SD. I'm about 45 miles out from the initial area I lived in when I moved to Cali. I just can't stay put. :iorun::excited:

Everyone still not going on vacation? I know some friends that have went to various places (Wildwood NJ, Myrtle Beach SC, Outer Banks NC, Ocean City MD).

My wife isn't ready to travel yet. She is still worried about the Rona.

We went to the beach 2 weeks ago and everything was fine for us. Now we didn't go out anywhere but 1 time and that was to eat.

My wife won't stay in a hotel. She said staying at a house (like AirBNB or something like vacation rental) she would be a little less worried about but still worried.

I'm 75% sure me and my family are going to Upstate NY and then Canada in December this year. My cousin got transferred to Ft. Drum, so we're gonna go visit him.

I'm 75% sure me and my family are going to Upstate NY and then Canada in December this year. My cousin got transferred to Ft. Drum, so we're gonna go visit him.

I didn't think Canada was letting people from the US in?

I didn't think Canada was letting people from the US in?

That's my main concern. :( They're supposed to open back up later this month, but there's no guarantee.

If it's still closed and/or still has the mandatory quarantine, we'll just hang around NYC I guess.

I have no clue about anything around the NY area -- is there anything I should go see?

My wife won't stay in a hotel. She said staying at a house (like AirBNB or something like vacation rental) she would be a little less worried about but still worried.
We stay in a rental house when we go. My in-laws rent it and that goes as my wife and her siblings Christmas gift. I felt it was pretty clean when we got there.

We stay in a rental house when we go. My in-laws rent it and that goes as my wife and her siblings Christmas gift. I felt it was pretty clean when we got there.

Nice :thumbsup: Yeah I feel like the rental houses are better cleaned than hotels but that's personally how I feel.

You stay for a week?

Bronx Zoo. Go see your friends, :badger:

giphy.gif

Back