Vacation Thread

OMG. I'm losing my shiz over here!!

This is sooooo good.

Employer related because of COVID. If we travel out of state then we will have to quarantine for 14-days using our own time.. I think it was more so because people were going to see family (in-state or out) for Thanksgiving so they are being cautious.

I called the Bed & Breakfast on Saturday and the lady was super nice. You need to cancel 10-days out to get a refund.

I can’t wait for this shizz to be over. I have things to do and places to go. Amsterdam and Singapore for work. Charleston and Phoenix for fun.

Employer related because of COVID. If we travel out of state then we will have to quarantine for 14-days using our own time.. I think it was more so because people were going to see family (in-state or out) for Thanksgiving so they are being cautious.

I called the Bed & Breakfast on Saturday and the lady was super nice. You need to cancel 10-days out to get a refund.
damn that sucks

I can’t wait for this shizz to be over. I have things to do and places to go. Amsterdam and Singapore for work. Charleston and Phoenix for fun.

It won't be over for a while. Hopefully this time next year it will be over..

damn that sucks

Yeah.. Shouldn't have booked it but thought we'd be okay. I was wrong.

Hopefully this time next year it will be over..
Honestly I don’t even see that happening. How many will refuse to get vaccinated? How many will not remember or won’t get the booster shots (potentially every 2 months...if those will be readily available)? How accessible will the vaccines even be? It looks like hospital workers are being scheduled in some areas to receive the first doses. How many will have complications and cause others to not get it? Some are already having covid for a second time. I could be dead wrong, but I foresee a long road ahead.

Honestly I don’t even see that happening. How many will refuse to get vaccinated? How many will not remember or won’t get the booster shots (potentially every 2 months...if those will be readily available)? How accessible will the vaccines even be? It looks like hospital workers are being scheduled in some areas to receive the first doses. How many will have complications and cause others to not get it? Some are already having covid for a second time. I could be dead wrong, but I foresee a long road ahead.

I won't be getting a vaccine right away.

I am one of the ones who won't get one. I don't get a flu shot ever.

I got the flu shot when I was at the Minute Clinic (inside Target) for ear problems. I said what the hell. I'll get it.

But the Rona vaccine... I'll wait on that.

I’ll do what I need to do to get back to some semblance of normal. Sounds like covid vaccine is gonna be necessary.

I’ll do what I need to do to get back to some semblance of normal. Sounds like covid vaccine is gonna be necessary.

Necessary.. possibly but not required. They can't force it on us

I'll go ahead and take the vaccine -- the university's giving us a choice of either getting the shot when it's released within a certain window, or submit to periodic on campus testing. I think we're still allowed to not comply, but that's a one-way ticket to working from home permanently.

I wanna work from home! Trying to move into a new position to make that happen!

I wanna work from home! Trying to move into a new position to make that happen!

See I'm the opposite. Haven't worked from home at all during this (job really doesn't allow it fully anyways) but I am fine going to the office/remote sites.

Sometimes I enjoy the commute cause it gives me time to myself, which I don't get a lot of since I have two small kids, but I am a homebody and just enjoy being at home

Plus, I could have an awesome garage/office space and could work on my car while I work

I couldn’t work from home. I’ve been in and out of homes every day since this crap started. Tuesday’s and Saturday’s I’m out of state which is a nice break from the norm.

Back