Vacation Thread

bootyluvr

Supporting Member
VIP Member
Toys For Tots
Baltimore, MD
Vehicle Model
2015 Honda Accord EX-L V6
I tried to search to see if there was a thread for this already but only found one thread about someone going on a post-graduation trip years ago. If there is one out there that I missed please merge.

Where have you been?

The wife and I have been to the following but looking at other all-inclusive places:

* Couples Swept Away (Negril Jamaica)
* Couples Tower Isle (Ocho Rios Jamaica)
* Excellence Riviera Cancun (Mexico)
* Sandals Grande St. Lucian (St. Lucia)

We've been to Myrtle Beach (South Carolina) and Ocean City (New Jersey) which we liked both of those places. Just trying to get some more ideas. We like Caribbean/beach type places.

Some pictures for reading all of the above :giggle:

Last edited:
Hey if you liked Myrtle Beach, you should go about 20 mins south of there. A lot less people and beaches are just as good. We stay in North Litchfield every year with the inlaws family.

Hey if you liked Myrtle Beach, you should go about 20 mins south of there. A lot less people and beaches are just as good. We stay in North Litchfield every year with the inlaws family.

We stayed in South Myrtle Beach a few years back. It was definitely not bad. Myrtle Beach itself was underwhelming lol

Have you considered a cruise? Carnival has a ship that leaves out of Baltimore Harbor and usually ports at a few Caribbean islands, florida, and i think Cuba is an option now.

How about the Cayman Islands (grand cayman), ..Hawaii?

Haven't consider Cayman Islands. We do want to go to Hawaii but want to do that for a bigger anniversary (this year will be our 6th). We also want to go to Australia. My wife went there for college back in 2005 and wants to go back.

Have you considered a cruise? Carnival has a ship that leaves out of Baltimore Harbor and usually ports at a few Caribbean islands, florida, and i think Cuba is an option now.

We have considered it... I've never been on a cruise. I know they are cheaper than an all-inclusive resort but being on a ship for 5 or however many days doesn't interest me. I know the ship is big and there are activities and ports you go to. We haven't ruled it out. Thanks for the idea.

I highly suggest taking a mid-winter trip north to the Arctic Circle. I did Tromso, Norway 4 years ago now. Gorgeous. It's dark and relatively cold (20-40F) but you really have to see the Aurora Borealis and partake in that sport called dog sledding (you are the musher). The sunrise/sunset where the sun never crests over the horizon is something else, too. An hour or so of this yellowish twilight at midday is surreal. Fjords, mountains, everything is gorgeous. Just expect to empty your wallet. A can of Coke in Norway costed about $6 and a pound of bacon was $30.

Dog Sledding 2.jpg Dog Sledding.jpg Northern LIghts.jpg Norwegian Sunriset.jpg

:bump:

Trying to plan a trip to Florida (Tampa/St. Pete area) but the plane tickets are so damn expensive. You see all these commercials for cheap flights to Florida but it's at odd times (super late at night or multiple stops)

RONA ruined our Clearwater Beach Florida plans next week for our anniversary :(

wife and i did sandals grenada and it was awesome, its one of their newer and smaller resorts so not a lot of people

Did you make other plans, or are you staying put?

Waiting for refund from our hotel (Hyatt).
Airline (Southwest) provided a credit (better than nothing..)

I withdrew my time off. I'm not using it just to sit home...

Waiting for refund from our hotel (Hyatt).
Airline (Southwest) provided a credit (better than nothing..)

I withdrew my time off. I'm not using it just to sit home...

I know how you feel.

I don't know 100% but I think my July trip to Japan is out, too. I didn't get a refund unfortunately-- but I took the stimulus check as a partial one.

Back