Well, almost finished...what do you think?

how did you bypassed the factory amp?
Bypassing the factory amp is easy with the Premium system. Unplug it. The head unit is unpowered with pre-amp level outputs for all speakers, including the sub. Splice the wires to RCA plugs and run them to an aftermarket amp. A JL Audio amp is recommended because they can accept a differential balanced output from the head unit without any converters necessary.

The original poster's install looks great, except when he gets a flat tire, as previously mentioned. He also has no room in the trunk for luggage, groceries, etc. Looks good, but not necessarily practical.

Actually I can get to my spare easily. Also I have enough room for two army duffle bags and then some. Gotta see it in person before you judge.

Bypassing the factory amp is easy with the Premium system. Unplug it. The head unit is unpowered with pre-amp level outputs for all speakers, including the sub. Splice the wires to RCA plugs and run them to an aftermarket amp. A JL Audio amp is recommended because they can accept a differential balanced output from the head unit without any converters necessary.

The original poster's install looks great, except when he gets a flat tire, as previously mentioned. He also has no room in the trunk for luggage, groceries, etc. Looks good, but not necessarily practical.

Thank You, i have everything i need now, so this coming Saturday will be a whole day of installation :)

Actually I can get to my spare easily. Also I have enough room for two army duffle bags and then some. Gotta see it in person before you judge.
That's good to know. It was difficult to see how much trunk space you had based on the angle of the photo.

That's good to know. It was difficult to see how much trunk space you had based on the angle of the photo.
Trust me- if I can't fit what I need in my trunk, I swear I'll rip this out and start over. I have little patience lol

Back