What are you having for dinner?

Made this the other day and it was delicious.
It's braised beef with an Espagnole sauce, one of the mother sauces we learned.
You basically fry the beef till golden on the outsides then set it into a pot that should contain a mirepoix. red wine, veal/beef/brown stock. Let it cook there until done. Towards the end you can also add some herbs, i added cilantro. Then you strain the sauce, and add a brown roux to it until it is "nappe". Put the sauce over the meat or on the side an enjoy. Very delicious.

WP_001415_zps9abf1d75.jpg

WP_001417_zps9dcea7bd.jpg

WP_001419_zps4acc2079.jpg

WP_001421_zps2d5005b3.jpg

the way you describe it makes it sound so simple, somehow i get the feeling theres some finesse in there too. Either way im going to have to try it some time

the way you describe it makes it sound so simple, somehow i get the feeling theres some finesse in there too. Either way im going to have to try it some time
It's pretty simple. The parts you need to be careful in are making the roux and adding it to the sauce to thicken.

i make gumbos when the weathers cold so making a roux isnt that intimidating anymore

Looks good. How are the beet greens? I was surprised recently when I quick pan fried radish greens. I was worried they'd be bitter, but they were delicious.

beet greens are pretty delicious, no real overbearing flavor of their own, but they add a nice something to other dishes

Probably Pollo Tropical Tonight >.>
Yesterday was salad day at school.
This was a salad made from a vegetable that tastes somewhat like anis or liquorice, mixed to it some purple lettuce, scallions, red onion, and topped off with an citrus vinaigrette
WP_001430.jpg

Not really a fan of the anise tasting vegetable and didn't enjoy this one too much.

This next one was delicious.
Pineapple, mango, papaya, grapefruit, and apple
WP_001431.jpg

Last off, some hass avocados and tomatoes
WP_001434.jpg

Probably Pollo Tropical Tonight >.>
Yesterday was salad day at school.
This was a salad made from a vegetable that tastes somewhat like anis or liquorice, mixed to it some purple lettuce, scallions, red onion, and topped off with an citrus vinaigrette
WP_001430.jpg

Not really a fan of the anise tasting vegetable and didn't enjoy this one too much.

Fennel. I hate fennel
fennel.jpg

Back