2012 Civic Coupe EX Build

ElDiabloBlanco

Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Coupe Si
I’ll have to see what these lights end up looking like whenever I get the chance, but at least for the time being I know their all in the same direction. Do you already have the blinking lights from blinking brake lights? It’s a 7443, but I only have them in my brake lights.

No, I don't. I am looking for one for my 3rd brake light on my Si coupe. As long as both bulbs are in mirrored direction, you're good to go.

Verzerrung

Yucaipa, CA
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Coupe
The blinking brake lights are pretty cool, if it’s the same bulb size as your brake lights for the third brake light you should be able to use it there too. Or keep your brake lights solid and do it to your third brake light. Should work I believe.

my set up in the front now that’s it’s all done.

Attachments

• E7A1CF24-ADB8-403C-AE2A-F1D1BD40189E.jpeg
    E7A1CF24-ADB8-403C-AE2A-F1D1BD40189E.jpeg
    143.3 KB · Views: 6

Verzerrung

Yucaipa, CA
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Coupe
The blinking brake lights are pretty cool, if it’s the same bulb size as your brake lights for the third brake light you should be able to use it there too. Or keep your brake lights solid and do it to your third brake light. Should work I believe.

ElDiabloBlanco

Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Coupe Si

[]D [] []\/[] []D [] []\[]

ElDiabloBlanco

Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Coupe Si
Nice. Lol I couldn’t really tell what it was. Back to driving semis for another month or two until I can work on my car again. :(

Great news is she's waiting till you're back to work on her and ride her again. :) your ride is coming together nicely.

ron v

The Forum Idiot
Escondido
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si Coupe
Cars looking good man. Nice upgrades!

Verzerrung

Yucaipa, CA
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Coupe
Thanks Ron! Appreciate bro.

@webby I was hoping I could get your help figuring out the best way to go about getting my fog lights to always stay on even if the headlights aren’t on. I have seen on other posts from years back how some have wired it and I saved the diagram. I also know there is a switch, but last I read there was no part number listed for a OEM switch. Maybe now there’s a easier way to go about it?

I also wanted to see if you knew where I could could a throttle body spacer. I know there was a Pro civic version that needed to be cut in a certain spot, but didn’t know which one to get for my car. Thanks for any help Webby!

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
https://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/2012-civic-si-independent-fogs-picture-heavy.6121/

you can get a "magic switch" to turn them on/off if you want to have more of an oem switch versus the toggle in the diy above.
https://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/diy-honda-5-pin-magic-switch.6478/

as for spacer, you're essentially buying the 8th gen civic p2r spacer, but you will need to modify it
https://9thcivic.com/forum/threads/r18-p2r-throttle-body-spacer.11402/

https://www.powerrevracing.com/R18-06-11-Civic-LX-DX-EX-Thermal-Spacer-Gasket-p/p158.htm

Verzerrung

Yucaipa, CA
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Coupe
Thanks for the resources, Webby. I did look at them and the magic switch I get on and the first link for the 4 pin connector also throws me off after they mention grabbing the relay. Everything up to that point I get as far as the drilling and running the wire and placing the tap, but what type of relay do I need, where does it go and where do I get the wiring for the switch? I'm very unacknowledged of anything wiring related so any guidance is appreciated.

I don't know if this will help anyone, but I do know that I have searched for the issue of my fuel cap needed to be tighten lighten came on a lot for my R18. I saw a few threads where users had an SI and had it turbo'd, but I don't have an SI and my car isn't tuned so that wasn't too helpful. I got a new fuel cap and the code and light still cycled on and off. I ended up buying the Purge Control Valve Solenoid [36162-R1A-A10], PCV Valve [17130-PND-A01], and the EGR Valve [18011-R1A-A00]. I replaced them all at once so I don't know which one it was exactly, but I'm leaning towards the Control Valve Solenoid. At least I finally got rid of the light and it no longer comes up and replaced with all OEM.

Some photos of the parts, as well as the rear seat rail covers, a new cup holder (I scratched my old one) and a steering wheel from a 2012 civic hybrid from the local junkyard. Got a really good deal on these parts! I also got that JDM Hazard button finally! :thumb: I got the passenger side door checker too.

ron v

The Forum Idiot
Escondido
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si Coupe
Nice work man. Ur always doing something to that car.

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots

bauer311

Fayetteville, NC
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Keep up the work brother! I do want that JDM hazard button, but i need rain guards more and a set of red "H" badges would begin to clean up the exterior besides painting what chrome is left on the outside. I dont like chrome at all, to the extent I'm thinking of painting my civic and Si badges black...but that's just me. I need to do something with my car though, just gotta work up the energy after work to do it...

Verzerrung

Yucaipa, CA
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Coupe
Well, I messed up trying to change my wheel. lol The SRS clip on the clock spring was still inside of the steering wheel and I forgot to remove when I pulled it off and there goes my clock spring. I am on my way to go pick up a new one from the dealer for $40. I also painted the silver trim on the steering wheel black for a sportier feel. Not the best paint job, but first time so it's fine.

Nice work man. Ur always doing something to that car.
Thanks brother, gotta try to do something here and there. I feel like something can always be tweaked to my liking. I know their small things, but I feel like it makes a difference.

Sorry I didn’t realize he hadn’t shown the relay in his pics. Basically you can usually find them at autozone type stores. You’re looking for a 40amp 12v 5 pin relay. It’ll look like this below. He has a wiring diagram on how he wired the prongs to the relay in the diy. Hopefully this helps

Amazon productView: https://www.amazon.com/Ehdis-Motor-Relay-40amp-Model/dp/B01J5CLCR8
I'll look more into this and see if I can't figure it out. Thanks as usual Webby!

Keep up the work brother! I do want that JDM hazard button, but i need rain guards more and a set of red "H" badges would begin to clean up the exterior besides painting what chrome is left on the outside. I dont like chrome at all, to the extent I'm thinking of painting my civic and Si badges black...but that's just me. I need to do something with my car though, just gotta work up the energy after work to do it...
Thanks brother! I think I got it off Ebay for around $30 which isn't bad. I was thinking of getting a new pair of rain guards as well. I was thinking of having someone make me some rear window visors for my coupe if I can find the right people who can do it. (Has to be someone) Painting them black would look pretty good, I'd go for that! If you know anywhere selling the OEM rear red H emblem let me know bro, been trying to get it for months, but no one around has them in stock. I'm sure you'll find time soon.