2012+ R18 FlashPro

Twitch

Levittown, NY
Vehicle Model
EX
Body Style
Coupe
SO bumping an old thread.....

I stopped when the list hit 25 but seriously, how many of you who clamored for 2012+ Non-Si R18 flashpro have gone out and bought one?

Did anyone, ANYONE on this list buy flash pro for their R18? I tagged those of you I know are on this forum.....

1 @RobSBP (AT)
2 @Pauly99to17 (AT)
3 GHOSTMONKY (AT)
4 @innoAR (AT)
5 JoeyCupcakes (AT)
6 jungfenlon (AT)
7 @Twitch (AT)
8 @FB2Chris (MT)
9 Daniel Pedan (MT)
10 triplet (AT)
11 BeastlyDrok (MT)
12 @VNPP (MT)
13 Alluneedisluv22 (MT)
14 koni (MT)
15 R18 Killerz (MT)
16 @team3d (AT)
17 superhuman shawny (MT)
18 lgvtec
19 Rune
20 @speedy28 (AT)
21 @samRai
22 Chief Alabaster (AT)
23 @Joe Liu
24 itsalbertduhh (AT)
25 michaelmagee (AT)

I ended up with Ktuner as it was out a week before. But I think like your saying too many people cried for it and never went through. Which of course is why they weren't making it in the first place....

Pauly99to17

Ville de Quebec
Vehicle Model
2012 LX
Body Style
Dyno Blue Pearl Sedan (FB2)
I wouldn't say I clamoured for it, but I certainly supported it's development. I am following what others have done and trying to see if it is worth it. I am patient too. It might be something I do if I get more information about it from people who have it. So far, I haven't seen anyone on this forum talk about it so I have no idea how effective it is. FlashPros are often up for sale. I'm wondering if a used R18 one will be up for sale one day.

Twitch

Levittown, NY
Vehicle Model
EX
Body Style
Coupe
There was a noticeable difference after my car was tuned by Vit. All I have is an intake, tbs, and a Si exhaust. Not much in the way of engine mods. I can't say I made more power but the car definitely accelerates smoother and feels better.

Pauly99to17

Ville de Quebec
Vehicle Model
2012 LX
Body Style
Dyno Blue Pearl Sedan (FB2)
There was a noticeable difference after my car was tuned by Vit. All I have is an intake, tbs, and a Si exhaust. Not much in the way of engine mods. I can't say I made more power but the car definitely accelerates smoother and feels better.
Thanks for info. Do you have the Takeda intake? Manual or auto?
Seems like a substantial amount of money for little to no power gain. ?
Has anyone done a Dyno to get the true numbers on gains?

RobSBP

I did some 15-95 mph pulls and my LX dead even with Si. Until 70 mph, Stock Si starts to pull away. LOL! :)

Gains another 11 hp on top of bolt-ons.

Twitch

Levittown, NY
Vehicle Model
EX
Body Style
Coupe
Thanks for info. Do you have the Takeda intake? Manual or auto?
Seems like a substantial amount of money for little to no power gain. ?
Has anyone done a Dyno to get the true numbers on gains?

I did not dyno but i could give you 0-60 improvements on my data logs.

I have no proof but the car does "feel" faster but it is by no means fast. It cannot even come close to my stock cooper s.

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
Interesting..... I was curious if anyone had bought it, what their results were.

FB2Chris

SO bumping an old thread.....

I stopped when the list hit 25 but seriously, how many of you who clamored for 2012+ Non-Si R18 flashpro have gone out and bought one?

Did anyone, ANYONE on this list buy flash pro for their R18? I tagged those of you I know are on this forum.....

1 @RobSBP (AT)
2 @Pauly99to17 (AT)
3 GHOSTMONKY (AT)
4 @innoAR (AT)
5 JoeyCupcakes (AT)
6 jungfenlon (AT)
7 @Twitch (AT)
8 @FB2Chris (MT)
9 Daniel Pedan (MT)
10 triplet (AT)
11 BeastlyDrok (MT)
12 @VNPP (MT)
13 Alluneedisluv22 (MT)
14 koni (MT)
15 R18 Killerz (MT)
16 @team3d (AT)
17 superhuman shawny (MT)
18 lgvtec
19 Rune
20 @speedy28 (AT)
21 @samRai
22 Chief Alabaster (AT)
23 @Joe Liu
24 itsalbertduhh (AT)
25 michaelmagee (AT)

Nope. I don't have my 12 MT anymore and I'm getting rid of my 14 CVT for something other than a Civic.

squiggy

Cartographer
Super Mod
Michiana
Vehicle Model
'12 Civic Si
Body Style
DBP II Coupe
2008 Honda Civic LX R18 vs 2005 RSX Type S: View: https://youtu.be/SNdN2W3LUPM

Don't underestimate the R18 :)

You are comparing an old RSX with a new Si and an old R18 with indeterminate mods with a new R18. There is no way a 9th R18 without forced induction is going to keep up with a 9th stock Si. 140bhp vs 201bhp and 128 ft lb vs 170 ft lb of torque...especially with the torque in the low to mid range. It is just not possible to add an intake, exhaust, and tune to an R18 and make up for what the Si has stock. Only explanation is a poor driver.

squiggy

Cartographer
Super Mod
Michiana
Vehicle Model
'12 Civic Si
Body Style
DBP II Coupe