Mordorator
North NJ
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Fiji Blue Pearl Coupe Coolest Member Since: May 15, 2011
Reactions: Nix

FooBird

If the Foo...well, you know. Just wear it.
Kirkland, WA
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
Coupe
I've been into sours and gose all summer.
I can do those in moderation. The sweet tart pucker on those is nice but they're one and done.

As for IPA, if you do it right, it's good. Too many breweries are going the route of it's a popular thing right now and so many of them are throwing a bitter, piney beer at you and saying it's great. No. It's not. Just because you can produce a beer that's 80+ IBU doesn't mean it's drinkable. Also, putting in three varieties of bittering hops is a little overkill, especially high acidity ones in the final stages. Ugh.

FooBird

Kirkland, WA
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
Coupe
Whoa a dead thread. Well, New Year's Eve, birthday, and a 24 oz bottle of Ommegang Theee Philosophers to enjoy.

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
Prairie make great beers. They are all expensive. Some were worth it some weren't. I would still buy it on recommendation despite the price. If its a good one, it will be awesome. I haven't had a drink in near 2 months.

FooBird

Kirkland, WA
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
Coupe
Lost the flavor desire for the IPA.

NotMattalliSI

Lansing, MI
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Coupe
Not a IPA guy but the Ballast Point Grapefruit Sculpin's IPA sure went down well in CA. I'm a Bell's fan and it has that same 'secret' flavor. I think that subtle flavor is grapefruit.

FooBird

Kirkland, WA
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
Coupe
Delicious. Like super delicious. Imperial stout. The flavor of chocolate in it is intense. Would rival a mocha latte in chocolate and coffee. Too bad it's $12 for a bottle.