Bikes!!!! (MTB, Road, etc... just no motors)

jrotax101

Avada Kedavra
Super Mod
Hogwarts
Vehicle Model
BMW
Body Style
M3
Indecisive as ever, I stumbled across a deal I couldn't pass up. Hardtail is going after this weekend's XC race, and here is the replacement:

I'm breaking even on it.. Maybe be out $100 for an extra $2000 in bike.. :lucky:

BTW Nomar06 , are you interested in a 6 hour endurance race in august? Team event, 1 person does a lap then hands over to team mate, for 6 hours. Either 2 or 3 laps each of 7 miles (40-45min laps)
You can stay at our place..

http://mountaingoatadventures.com/blankets6hour

Last edited:
Reactions: Nix

Nomar06

Super Moderator
Super Mod
Charlotte, NC
Vehicle Model
Fiesta ST (FiST)
Body Style
hatch
Nice ride! I might be interested in the race. Got some stuff going on in Aug/Sept but I might be able to swing it.

THe new frame/bike has a new lefty fork? Already have a buyer for the "old" Cannondale with the lefty?

jrotax101

Avada Kedavra
Super Mod
Hogwarts
Vehicle Model
BMW
Body Style
M3
Not yet, gonna throw it up for sale next week after the race this saturday. It should sell easily.. if not I'll part it out and make more.

jrotax101

Avada Kedavra
Super Mod
Hogwarts
Vehicle Model
BMW
Body Style
M3
This is what I was going to do with CL and/or ebay
$600 stock
$1400 with all stock parts plus:
XT cranks,
X0 shifter, x9 derailleur (used twice) [$170]
'08 Lefty Speed Carbon PBR [$500]
ZTR Arch rims [$350]
Origin8 Torqlite chain guide [$50]
SI steer tube [$50]

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
Saweet! I always liked GT. That i-drive system works really well.

hotshot

Saweet! I always liked GT. That i-drive system works really well.
I love it. My first full suspension. It's so nice not absorbing bumps with your gooch. Lol

My buddy rides a Force 2.0, kinda the same, the frame is beefier. But he rides downhill. This thing is gonna take way more than I'm gonna be able to throw at it.

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
I ride a womens seat. I absolutely love it. Specialized Womens Dolce. The base model one. It's only $40.

I've ridden a lot of seats for a lot of hours. This is the first one that hasn't given me the usual issues. I had a $200 carbon and ti railed special mens saddle that was supposed to be the best but it gave me an icy popsicle. Like 90 degrees out and my junk was ice cold to the touch.

$40 womens seat... problem solved. Ive sold it to a ton of people and I told them if you don't like it I will personally buy it back from you.

http://www.specialized.com/us/en/ftb/saddles/womens-recreational-saddles/womens-dolce

It's also nice cause its just black and doesn't look like a girls seat.

Last edited:

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
oh man, I wouldn't want you guys to all die from laughter. It's nowhere near anything that you guys are riding. It's just a simple bike I picked up quite a long time ago. I believe it's called a jamis durango? Doing a search... it looks kind of like this?

jrotax101

Avada Kedavra
Super Mod
Hogwarts
Vehicle Model
BMW
Body Style
M3
Jamis make some really nice high end bikes. My LBS who deals with specialized/cannondale have a Jamis factory racer working there.

As far as seats go, sometimes a "big soft" seat is actually super uncomfortable compared to a thin,stiff one. It needs to be the correct width for your sit bones and have the right relief areas for your build. I'm happy with my selle italia max flite gel flow for the roady and the fizik tundra 2 on the MTB. Every bontrager saddle i've tried sucks balls(figuratively). But every *** is different...

but you guys are always talking about fancy shocks, or brakes, or cranks, pedals... on and on. I couldn't tell you a single thing about the bike without looking at what parts it came with.

:hiding:

Just got my rear wheel finished being built for the scalpel..

Hope Pro 2 evo 142x12mm
ZTR Arch EX rim
Continental X-King protection 2.2 tire

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
The shop I bought it from had some of their really expensive stuff, but I can't justify it for what I do. I think I picked it up right as a new year of bikes came out, and they discounted the one I bought quite a bit. Like, it was normally around 600 or something in their store, and I think I paid ~$350 ish. I can't remember 100%.

Last edited:

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
webby - That Jamis is a very respectable ride! Everyone starts on something similar. Much better than a lot of the stuff I see out there. The Dakar nameplate has been around for years and is a pretty decent bike. Nothing super fancy but it'll do the job just fine. Simple, effective, and low maintenance.

I would recommend swapping out the pedals as the stock, im guessing resin platform with metal cage around the outside, can be kinda slippery and "shinning" yourself still hurts a lot with those.

Also unless you're on the street a lot, take the reflectors out of the wheels. It makes them very unbalanced. It's like sticking a massive wheel weight on your car. You can imagine the feeling. You won't really notice it on the bike though unless its up in the air on a rack and you get it spinning fast.