Bikes!!!! (MTB, Road, etc... just no motors)

jrotax101

Avada Kedavra
Super Mod
Hogwarts
Vehicle Model
BMW
Body Style
M3
I would love go to and ride out west..

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
Road trip? You have to at least come up and ride snowshoe once this spring/summer.

jrotax101

Avada Kedavra
Super Mod
Hogwarts
Vehicle Model
BMW
Body Style
M3
I would like to do that too! For sure.. Still need to rent a bike though! haha. Maybe my LBS will let me use an enduro or demo demo.

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
No need to rent. I have 2 dh bikes. The loaner is still decent and I have 2 sets of gear if it fits you. 4 full face helmets to try on also. If you wish to rent they do have nice bikes at a steep cost though. Over $100 a day I think. The loaner is a specialized big hit expert. Decent but older.

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
Being sent out tomorrow my 2010 S-Works ETA160 Carbon Air fork. Getting an S-Tune from Specialized. Hopefully they just offer me a replacement fork instead. This one has been nothing but trouble. Awesome when it works and light as hell too. Just unreliable.

Carbon crown and carbon tapered steer tube.

silver04v

Being sent out tomorrow my 2010 S-Works ETA160 Carbon Air fork. Getting an S-Tune from Specialized. Hopefully they just offer me a replacement fork instead. This one has been nothing but trouble. Awesome when it works and light as hell too. Just unreliable.

Carbon crown and carbon tapered steer tube.
Looks expensive... Haha

silver04v

I'd like to get a full suspension bike. I love my hardtail but I feel like some of the stuff I like to ride is to much for it.
Any recommendations? Looking for just a nice trail bike, around 1500 maybe. I like my hardtail which is a cannondale, and it's never given me any issues. Was looking at another.

silver04v

I'd like to get a full suspension bike. I love my hardtail but I feel like some of the stuff I like to ride is to much for it.
Any recommendations? Looking for just a nice trail bike, around 1500 maybe. I like my hardtail which is a cannondale, and it's never given me any issues. Was looking at another.
Also looking at this as it seems cannondale has ditched their lower priced full suspension bikes.
http://www.trekbikes.com/us/en/bike...untain/singletrack_trail/fuel_ex/fuel_ex_6_26

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
@jrotax101 - Its back!

Sent out for S-tune and back in just a couple weeks. Very fast turnaround. Complete rebuild of the air spring and damper with all new seals and wipers. The "gulp" is finally set correctly. (fancy term for the neg air spring) Now I just have to actually be motivated enough to put it back on the bike. Also I decided not to be a total loser and forget all my wrench skills. Going to be rebuilding my own dang rear shock next week. Ordered a seal kit yesterday.

Br3TT

i need to get a new front fork for my bike and it will be complete, just got my new wheel set on a few weeks ago and its amazing

jrotax101

Avada Kedavra
Super Mod
Hogwarts
Vehicle Model
BMW
Body Style
M3
@Nix

I have a S29 Brain fork I'm probably going to sell soon.. Tried to hang onto it but it's gotta go. Came off the '11 epic s-works. Super light..

Reactions: Nix

jrotax101

Avada Kedavra
Super Mod
Hogwarts
Vehicle Model
BMW
Body Style
M3
Not sure how we missed your post, but look at the Jamis AMT or XCT lines.

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
@Br3TT - What ya riding man? What sort of fork you lookin for? I am stuck with taper crowns on my current frame. If 'Spesh had just manned up and admitted my fork is junk-ish, well, when it works it can't be beat, but, reliability, eh, its she-aht .... I was going to go with a new 55 RC3 V.2 Ti it even comes in the matching white with black/red accents.

http://www.marzocchi.com/template/d...IdFolder=113&uf=SB&idSB=60688&IdOggetto=62485

I'll post a little write up on the seal change BS next week. I am a very rusty wrench.....

Br3TT

@Br3TT - What ya riding man? What sort of fork you lookin for? I am stuck with taper crowns on my current frame. If 'Spesh had just manned up and admitted my fork is junk-ish, well, when it works it can't be beat, but, reliability, eh, its she-aht .... I was going to go with a new 55 RC3 V.2 Ti it even comes in the matching white with black/red accents.

http://www.marzocchi.com/template/d...IdFolder=113&uf=SB&idSB=60688&IdOggetto=62485

I'll post a little write up on the seal change BS next week. I am a very rusty wrench.....
i have a 2012 stumpjumper fsr evo comp, amazing bike but the factory fork is :bleh:

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
Is that the Revelation on there? I heard the new Pike is suppose to be quite good. Im a Marzocchi fan but they've been in a bit of a slump. I am liking their new stuff though.

Br3TT

Is that the Revelation on there? I heard the new Pike is suppose to be quite good. Im a Marzocchi fan but they've been in a bit of a slump. I am liking their new stuff though.
I'm not 100% sure what's on the front all I know is that it's not the best haha