Bikes

rain91

Vehicle Model
fb6
Body Style
http://soundcloud.com/lazy_rain
Signing up for the basic rider course w/ a buddy when registration opens up. Im only 21 and from what I hear insurance is going to riding my ***. Guy from work is telling me to wait till im 25 so it'll drop significantly. But in the mean time theres no harm in browsing. Ive been lookin at street bikes, not exactly sure what I want but something 600ccs and under for my 1st.

Anyone here got a motorcycle ?

Dar-Dar

Mordorator
North NJ
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Fiji Blue Pearl Coupe Coolest Member Since: May 15, 2011
Bike insurance here is cheap. My friend pays $50/year. Lol.

CivicSiFtw

Concord, NH
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Im 16, took my motorcycle class 2 weeks after i finished drivers ed. Theres not much you can do about insurance cost. Motorcycles are defined by just about everyone as the most dangerous vehicle on the road.. Unfortunately the media gets it into everyone's head and theres no way around it. For a first bike, depending on experience, I'd start with a 250. I know it sounds stupid, but you don't need the fastest bike on the road. Thats how people get hurt. On the other hand, you can start on a bigger bike, just know your limits. I personally started on a 750, but i rode dirt bikes for years before hand. Hope this helps. Just be careful out there man. Its not always the rider.

squiggy

Cartographer
Super Mod
Michiana
Vehicle Model
'12 Civic Si
Body Style
DBP II Coupe
Im 16, took my motorcycle class 2 weeks after i finished drivers ed. Theres not much you can do about insurance cost. Motorcycles are defined by just about everyone as the most dangerous vehicle on the road.. Unfortunately the media gets it into everyone's head and theres no way around it. For a first bike, depending on experience, I'd start with a 250. I know it sounds stupid, but you don't need the fastest bike on the road. Thats how people get hurt. On the other hand, you can start on a bigger bike, just know your limits. I personally started on a 750, but i rode dirt bikes for years before hand. Hope this helps. Just be careful out there man. Its not always the rider.

I started with a 250 and would agree that it is a great starter bike. Only downside is that everyone will ask to use your bike for the licensing tests due to it being so small, light, and maneuverable. I eventually went to a 600 (big jet kit and Cobra pipes made it a quite the bike). Haven't had a bike in years and am now itching for a 1400. The Honda Fury is an amazing bike (except for the small tank).

Last edited:

bobshur

Atlanta
Vehicle Model
2012 Civic si
Body Style
Coupe
I got my endorsement 32 years ago on a honda enduro 125. I remember I was so nervous,but I got a 95.

Brooksie365

Worcester, Ma
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
I got my first street bike at 18 a cbr600rr. I rode it like you would a 250 at first. I got way to comfortable and with that came with bad judgement and pure stupidity. Just this past summer I dumped my bike doing a wheelie at 100 mph. I walked away with just a torn labrum in both of my shoulders from rolling for hundreds of feet. Motorcycles are fun as long as you are safe, I was not. The safety gear saved my life. I'm happy it ended the way it did because I learned so much and feel like I grew up 10 years just a week after the crash.
This does not mean don't get a bike. Please learn from my stupid mistake. There is nothing like riding a motorcycle complete freedom :) hope this helped and good luck!

Monk

SW Virginia
Vehicle Model
2012 Civic EX
Body Style
Coupe FG3:ASM
It's good to learn dirt riding 1st, if you can, It'll make controlling the bike better, so when you get on the road you'll be better at getting out of the way of something.
The smaller the cc's should help with insurance as well. There's a basic skill to saving your self(other than reading traffic, which you also learn from cars, except they don't see/care about bike........... It's like skiing though trees, but the trees can move at any time). There are three things to learn on a bike, steering, braking, acceleration. And trying to do more than one of these at a time is the main quest.

Nomar06

Super Moderator
Super Mod
Charlotte, NC
Vehicle Model
Fiesta ST (FiST)
Body Style
hatch
I've always wanted to get a bike since I was 18. I window shop on the web for bikes I would want. I tend to like things like this little Honda.

This one is actually local to me. 1972 Honda CB350 Cafe Racer....asking $5k for it. I would love to have something small like this to ride around in town for my short commute to work. Maybe I should of bought a used car and looked at picking up something like this.

Last edited:

rain91

Vehicle Model
fb6
Body Style
http://soundcloud.com/lazy_rain
thanks for the replies guys, i kinda tend to consider myself a safe driver. never got a speeding ticket *knock on wood* for 4-5 years ive had my license/own car. but yea i 100% believe that its the other dirvers that i need to worry about. Dar-Dar how the hell is your friend paying $50/yr !? guy i work with is 27 and hes not even paying that.

but yeah i kinda want to force myself to not be "too dangerous" and get a ninja 250, still a bike and get all the freedom n such without it being "too fast" for me to handle, especially in those weak moments where ill want to punch it and yea ...

None2Slow

Nampa, Id
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Coupe
I have a 2000 Suzuki Katana 750 and I pay $11 a month for insurance. Nice riding bike and good power. They make it in a 600 as well. They are good bikes that wouldn't be a bad first bike. The thing about the 250 is that after a year or so, you will be wanting more. Then you have to get another bike. The 250, if its in good shape, will hold its value wery well and not hard to resell, but you have to deal with the calls, emails and flakey people. My 1st bike was a CBR600F1. I am currnetly looking to move up to either a Yamaha FZ1, which has the old 1000 superbike motor, or a Suzuki B-King which has the old Hyabusa motor. Both bikes make in the 160hp range.
FZ1.... http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...KZIKXgiwKykYFA&sqi=2&ved=0CE8Q9QEwBQ&dur=1020

B-King.... http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl...4S0eiJAovmgYgN&sqi=2&ved=0CDkQ9QEwAw&dur=1024