Avada Kedavra
Super Mod
Hogwarts
Vehicle Model
BMW
Body Style
M3
I love that sport. It looks so cool, and so dangerous.. and wet. :laughing:

It's like autoX on water.. but much faster. The guys have large cojones to do that IMO.

jrotax101

Avada Kedavra
Super Mod
Hogwarts
Vehicle Model
BMW
Body Style
M3
So, update:

Dash is back in, front carpet back in, door panels going back in soon. Custom carbon fiber (wet layup) speaker delete covers are nearly finished.

Diff was rebuilt. New clutches in the LSD, new seals everywhere, new bolts, and new bearings and races on the pinion gear.

Car is being flat-bedded to a shop this weekend to have them figure out the hard brake line that runs from the ABS module along the top of the transmission.

And sold quite a few things..

Pics:

jrotax101

Avada Kedavra
Super Mod
Hogwarts
Vehicle Model
BMW
Body Style
M3
Timken boxes contain the bearings and races for the pinion gear.

A friend of mine helped out and all work was done with a 20ton press, torque wrench, dial wrench, backlash gauge and assorted pieces of tubing needed that he already had.
Tolerances were taken from BMW.
Ring and Pinion Backlash = 0.06mm to 0.14mm (0.0024in to 0.0055in - Metric Mechanic believes ideal backlash is 0.003in to 0.0035in, which falls well within the BMW TIS limits)
Pinion Preload = ~12in-lbs to 23in-lbs according to TIS (Metric Mechanic claims 14in-lbs to 16in-lbs)
Carrier Preload = ~11in-lbs to 23in-lbs according to TIS (Metric Mechanic claims 9in-lbs to 11in-lbs)
Axle Cap Bolts = 10ft-lbs + 40 degrees angle torque (with Loctite 242)
Rear Cover Bolts = 34ft-lbs
Limited Slip Carrier Cover Bolts = 25ft-lbs
Ring Gear Bolts = 110ft-lbs (with Loctite 271)

Pinion gear:

jrotax101

Avada Kedavra
Super Mod
Hogwarts
Vehicle Model
BMW
Body Style
M3
I bought them shortly after Christmas time on Amazon :thumb:

I think I got a good price for them all. Which department does your friend work in?

jrotax101

Avada Kedavra
Super Mod
Hogwarts
Vehicle Model
BMW
Body Style
M3
Ah that's cool. They have a good reputation. I wanted SKF or FAG but after doing a lot of research settled on Timken. I think one of my races was SKF though because the timken one was on backorder.

Mod list updated in #1