Flights 97 Ex build thread

FF MAYHEM

Tennessee
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
Kouki
Great work .... didn't realize you had a thread, sorry to hear about the ups and downs but I'm excited for ya man. Thanks for sharing a vid with us. :)

Flightmaster127

Supporting Member
Vip Member
Delaware
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Great work .... didn't realize you had a thread, sorry to hear about the ups and downs but I'm excited for ya man. Thanks for sharing a vid with us. :)

Thanks man. I'll try to get some more footage when it's not so hot outside and I have time off work.

Flightmaster127

Supporting Member
Vip Member
Delaware
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Update:

Got a high flow cat and threw it on the car today. Also tracked down a pesky vacuum leak and fixed it.
DSC_0047a.jpg

Also I found out that the valves were way the hell out of adjustment. Like i must have been asleep when i did them the last time cause i set them to .25 in vs. .25mm. I literally think i found some of my power loss by fixing them. Went ahead and replaced the valve cover gasket, spark plug tube seals, and washer grommets while i had the cover off.

DSC_0053a.jpg

Also on the more exciting front these showed up. 15x7.5 +35. Probably gonna need to go ahead and roll the fenders for clearance. Planning on running Toyo R88r tires for autocross on these.

DSC_0042a.jpg

And finally the car goes back to the tuner for an AEM water/methanol injection kit install and a much needed retune on Tuesday. Hopefully I'll see some solid gains this time. I took it on a short test drive today and the butt dyno says its faster.

Flightmaster127

Supporting Member
Vip Member
Delaware
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
So cars back from water/meth install. Fit in the trunk nicely and really reduced those intake temps.

DSC_0070a.jpg

Also picked out and had tires mounted. Seems to fit without any issues but its cold and wet out now so i cant go for a drive to check for rubbing issues.

DSC_0064a.jpg DSC_0065a.jpg DSC_0067a.jpg

ignore the dirty garage. I need some better storage solutions.

Flightmaster127

Supporting Member
Vip Member
Delaware
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Looking good! I could use some better storage in my garage too, no judgement here.
I'm thinking about putting a shelf in the corner where all the spare tires are. I need something to help contain all the extra parts i have laying around.

Flightmaster127

Supporting Member
Vip Member
Delaware
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
After finding a DIY on a replacement shifter bushing i decided to give it a try to see if it got rid of some of the in gear slop in the linkage. I can say im happy with the results.

The parts uses. All of which can be found at the local hardware store.
DSC_0004a.jpg

A little bit of pre-assembly to see how everything was going to work out

DSC_0008a.jpg

The old worn out 200K+ piece.

DSC_0013a.jpg

And finally the new much more solid DIY bushing in its new home.

DSC_0017a.jpg

Glad i had a BFH on hand because the original pin that was in the linkage was in there pretty damn good, also the new bushing was more or less press fit so I had to smash it together.

ron v

The Forum Idiot
Escondido
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si Coupe
Good ol ***** pin.

Flightmaster127

Supporting Member
Vip Member
Delaware
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Started installing a universal thermostatic oil cooler kit but ran into an issue where the sandwich plate won’t fit on the back of the block because of clearance issues with the supercharger.

Now I’m pairing it with a remote oil filter relocation. This is my first time dealing with AN lines as well. Waiting on some fittings in the mail to finish up the install but I have my locations for the adapters chosen. The rivnut tool has been coming in handy.

Flightmaster127

Supporting Member
Vip Member
Delaware
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
So i should have some updates with this car in the near future. I ran some tests and it seems im leaking about 20% of my compression past the rings. So i;m going to be pulling the pistons for a quick rehone and a new set of rings to see if that makes any improvement. I also may have some parts an services lined up depending on what i find when i pull the head.

I ordered a new set of injectors to swap out my rc440's that i got from some random guy on craigslist. I also ordered a new skunk2 header to replace my $50 ebay special from 8 years ago that is probably bottle necking the crap outa the exhaust system. Parts should be in next week sometime.