Honda Confirms Type-R For U.S. At Civic Concept Debut

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
"Downsized turbocharging will be the base, even for the Civic," said Honda's R&D head, Yoshiharu Yamamoto. "The power is very good."

The executive promises the small engine will provide power figures on par with naturally-aspirated 2.0- and 2.4-liter engines. For reference, the 2.4-liter straight-four in the current Civic Si delivers 205 horsepower and 174 lb-ft of torque.

Flightmaster127

Supporting Member
Vip Member
Delaware
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
"a new DOHC VTEC engine"

I'd be interested to see if its just a k series with a new head on it. kind of like the earth dreams k series in the newer accords, or there's always the possibility that both engines will be revised R series with new heads and modified displacement.

Flightmaster127

Supporting Member
Vip Member
Delaware
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Very true, If I recall correctly both of those engines have the exhaust side forward like the R series and older Honda engines. I haven't gotten a chance to see one of the new engines in the Fit. I should have taken a look while I was waiting at the dealer this morning.

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
fit -

accord -

fit in the engine bay -

9thgendymo

Houston, TX
Vehicle Model
Civic LX
Body Style
Coupe
The 9th gen civic looks exactly same as the concept even the wheels except for the exhaust so i'm hoping this upcoming 16 civic will look just like the concept car!

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
The 9th gen civic looks exactly same as the concept even the wheels except for the exhaust so i'm hoping this upcoming 16 civic will look just like the concept car!
Concept pics match up to the patent images almost identical. Gallery link in the post below shows the different angles.

2016 Civic Sedan Images Surface

Patent images of the latest 2016 Honda Civic sedan have surfaced. We have all seen the 2016 Honda Civic Coupe Concept shown below -

The released images also show the civic coupe patent images shown below -

The coupe images look to be close to the concept, despite missing the lower LED fog lights and rear spoiler which will most likely be kept for the SI trim. The sedan, which is set to go on sale this fall before the coupe and future five-door hatchback, definitely looks more traditional to the side and rear.

The full gallery of photos can be found here -
http://10thcivic.com/gallery/2016-Honda-Civic-Sedan

Bulkybear

The typeR looks good but I wish they kept the concept one. It looked way better.
Agreed. The 2012 Si concept looked better than the production version too. I think it's a new trend to release awesome concept cars then somewhat butcher them...