I need help with rims and tire sizes????

Kiggamaxwell

I have a 2012 Honda civic si sedan and I am looking to buy some wheels. I need advice on what will fit in the direction I am heading without any complications.

I am lowered on H & R springs about 1.5 inch drop all around.
I don't want to be any lower than I am now. So with that being said. PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!

if I go 18" what specs would be best without rubbing?

If I go 17" what specs would be best for wheels & tires?

Looking for some opinions.

Srs15k24

SLC, UT
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
I personally wouldn't go with 17 unless you're looking for the most weight reduction or really dropped. They don't fill out the wheel wells very well. I'm running 18x9+22 with a decent amount of camber, front and rear. No fender work done and it never scrapes. Hope this gives you some peace of mind.

Reactions: mph

r18-power

FL
Vehicle Model
Focus ST
Body Style
Hatchback
I just installed a set 18x8.5 35 offset with the stock 225/40/18 and I rub on turns and big bumps, im at -1.3 camber in the rear and -0.8 in the front. Im getting my fenders rolled next week..

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
if I ran 17x9 40 offset. would I be running into any issues?
camber settings and tire size will dictate things to some degree
I have 17x9 35 wheels with 225/45 tires and it rubbed at hard cornering or big bumps. (ProKit springs)

I personally would not run any narrower than a 225 width tire on a 9" wheel. Thats personal preference mostly. I know there are a lot of guys running a 215 or even a 205 width. Just be extra careful for the time being. Potholes and bumps in the road will be more damaging as well as debris. The sidewall being under more strain can cause some pretty spectacular blowouts. Its not a really far stretch to be honest. The lip of the rim will be sticking out so curbing your wheel will be a bit easier to do also. I don't think the 215 is a horrible stretch but I wouldn't drive too aggressively with those on there.

As far as the offset goes, I believe the +45 will be pretty close to the struts. The nice thing with the +45 is you can always run a spacer. I know at least a couple people on here have run the +35 and rubbed with a 225 width tire on the fender. Camber and fender work can make up a lot of space. Between the two if you want it flush I think the +35 is the better option.

Kiggamaxwell

camber settings and tire size will dictate things to some degree
I don't really wanna do any cambering or fender roll. I just basically want to put on and go.
So should I just stick with 17x8 ?? would 18x8 work as well?

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots

dpetro1

Catonsville, MD
I don't really wanna do any cambering or fender roll. I just basically want to put on and go.
So should I just stick with 17x8 ?? would 18x8 work as well?

head over to www.willtheyfit.com and play with the numbers. 17" vs 18" wheel by itself does not determine anything about fitment. you have to factor the width, offset and tire size to know overall size and clearance

if you dont want to mess with camber or the fenders stay with a narrower width and higher offset

mph

Mississauga, ON
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
I personally wouldn't go with 17 unless you're looking for the most weight reduction or really dropped. They don't fill out the wheel wells very well. I'm running 18x9+22 with a decent amount of camber, front and rear. No fender work done and it never scrapes. Hope this gives you some peace of mind.

What tire specs are you running with those wheels? Pics?

freggie

offset matters and this determines how close the wheel would be to the fender and the tire size too. You can check out tirerack they have a selection of wheels that shouldnt have problems

Jesse

Hey im looking to see if you have any suggestions about wheels im looking for 18x8-5-5x114-3- with theses offsets 22-30-40-55 on honda civic si 2013

r18-power

FL
Vehicle Model
Focus ST
Body Style
Hatchback
Hey im looking to see if you have any suggestions about wheels im looking for 18x8-5-5x114-3- with theses offsets 22-30-40-55 on honda civic si 2013

I have 18x8.5 +35 fenders are rolled and slight pulled due to rubbing sits very flush and no more rubbing after fender work

Reactions: Nix