Lucille aka El Diablo Blanco

ElDiabloBlanco

Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Coupe Si
@fahnix dude, good look out. It is making more sense after rereading everything once again. Strengthening the reinforcement sounds like a really good idea. I feel as if I've put myself in a dangerous position without knowing what I've done to myself. I appreciate the good look out.

Honda-Fan

Dallas, Texas
Vehicle Model
Civic LX
Body Style
Coupe
:D:D:D

ElDiabloBlanco

Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Coupe Si
I finally purchased my first power aftermarket part ! It is coming in the mail sometime this week. Thanks to @squiggy doing business with me. I'm getting a Hondata. :)

Now that it is my first time using it. Where can I go and find a tune file for my ride? The only aftermarket part I have under the hood is a K&N Typhoon short air intake. Is there anything that I need to know and be aware of before I start tuning Lucille?

ron v

The Forum Idiot
Escondido
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si Coupe
Most likely you’ll just reflash it unless there’s a base calibration supporting your intake supplied with the FlashPro itself. It’s been a while since I’ve looked so not sure what calibrations it comes with. I’d watch the video on how to upload cals first cause it can be a bit confusing the first time. I got the app Hondata makes and even though it cost money now it’s actually a pretty cool. I remember when I first got my Hondata. It was all downhill from there. Lol.

ElDiabloBlanco

Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Coupe Si
https://www.hondata.com/software
grab the flashpro software and check what maps are available. I’m not sure what all squiggy had on it, but there should be an intake map available from hondata you can use.

I've already grabbed the software and installed it on my laptop. It looks a bit overwhelm to me right now. And I know that is part of the learning curve.

ron v

The Forum Idiot
Escondido
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si Coupe
The help section for Hondata is crazy helpful. But when u dig into the parameters and tables it gets pretty intense. Don’t touch them unless u know what ur doing.

ElDiabloBlanco

Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Coupe Si
I've been researching on Hondata and based map tune. I am seeing post about getting rid of the short ram instake (SRI) and use a different CAI instead of K&N Typhoon. Can I do a stock tune without full bolt-ons? Or is it really recommend for me not to tune my car till I have all of the support components first? I do not want to process anything and doing it in wrong step orders. I like to make it right without having to go back and forth or escalate a problem furthermore. I won't lie that I am nervous to the idea of tuning my car and increasing the chance of hurting my ride without knowing what I'm doing and have done to the car.

Of course, before I do anything I'll be checking with you guys and check the Hondata Help Session at anytime I have questions and concerns.

If I can use a better CAI, what is the recommendation for a CAI? Acuity is an option for me. I like to gain more power. I'm not planning on getting full bolt-ons till next year.

I also recall someone in this group said they're getting free tune from someone. Is it possible that I can get a free tune or I need to pay extra? I know I got a lot of questions.

JAMES JANZEN

Ontario Canada
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic SI
Body Style
sedan
acutiy is supposed to net the most hp out of all the cai out there. i have one. its also the easiest to install as far as ive read.

i think i posted about someone on the hondata forum doing free tunes for people. im not sure how much i would trust a free tune, i mean people charge a decent amount to e tune why trust a free one? i dont know, thats just me. e-tunez.com is who i used. very knowledgeable, they will answer any questions you have through email even if you havent purchased anything from them. they offer a flat fee for the first tune then another $70ish to re tune for any simple bolt ons. for example. i tuned my car stock with a drop in k and n filter. the next year i installed the cai and down pipe and did a re tune for the $70ish. so when i eventually get my exhaust maybe next year, i'll probably spend the money for another re tune.

or you can just save all the parts and get one tune. you can absolutely do a stock tune, i noticed a night and day difference doing that. ive been tuned for 2 years now with no issues. also e-tunez is canadian! they do tunes for people all over the world ( maybe just north america? ).