Lucille aka El Diablo Blanco

fahnix

SoCal
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
I bought a tune from E-Tunez last year during Black Friday, and still haven't used it because I decided to wait until I had all my parts for FBO. Being able to retune for much cheaper is nice, but I figured I can just wait and keep the extra money in my pocket.

ron v

The Forum Idiot
Escondido
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si Coupe
When i had my skunk2 intake with a tune i was at 189 to the wheel. added the catless downpipe i went to 193?. then I got the sk2 mega power with prl rbc setup (throttle body and all that stuff) and prl 3.5 cai and on 91 went 220's. then went full e85 and i forget what the horsepower was but i was in the low 230's. Then I retuned with steve with the same setup accept with a k tuned exhaust and flex fuel and fuel pump and never did a edyno but the car def pulls harder. I would go as far as saying steves 91 tune produced more hp then vits e85. Vit brought in vtec really weird with an rbc and made low end power horrendous in my opinion. Steves tune I burn tires through third if I don't work some magic into it. Like second gear has no grip and 1st will break tires when vtec hit. Never did that with vits tune. Sorry for going on and on thats just a personal experience. Hope vit doesnt see this cause I got to know him a bit after tuning with him so much lol.

I spent a whole lot of money figuring this stuff out. Get all your goodies. Really think about what you want to do with the car. Buy all your bolt ons and tune once. If you want to go boost just do it now. If you do it in stages like i did then ur gonna spend a ton of dough to get no where. Its like buying a 250cc street bike. A week later your gonna wish you got the 600.

Sorry edited this like 10 times haha

Last edited:

JAMES JANZEN

Ontario Canada
Vehicle Model
Honda Civic SI
Body Style
sedan
But if you're impatient like me and have some extra money to burn do it now!!! Haha. I can't imagine driving a stock si with the factory tune any more. It was boring.

ron v

The Forum Idiot
Escondido
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si Coupe
Super boring. I drove a stock one like a year ago. It was super weird.

fahnix

SoCal
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
But if you're impatient like me and have some extra money to burn do it now!!! Haha. I can't imagine driving a stock si with the factory tune any more. It was boring.

I'm still stock AF... :hiding:
:iough:

I ran the Hondata Reflash basemap for a little, but read that it wasn't great for long term, so I switched back to the complete stock map.

squiggy

Cartographer
Super Mod
Michiana
Vehicle Model
'12 Civic Si
Body Style
DBP II Coupe
I'm still stock AF... :hiding:
:iough:

I ran the Hondata Reflash basemap for a little, but read that it wasn't great for long term, so I switched back to the complete stock map.

There is nothing wrong with it other than running just a tad rich.

fahnix

SoCal
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
There is nothing wrong with it other than running just a tad rich.

I dunno what I read, and can't readily find anything that alludes to it being unsafe either. :hmmm?:

I have no clue what I was thinking. :confuzzled:

ElDiabloBlanco

Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Coupe Si
When i had my skunk2 intake with a tune i was at 189 to the wheel. added the catless downpipe i went to 193?. then I got the sk2 mega power with prl rbc setup (throttle body and all that stuff) and prl 3.5 cai and on 91 went 220's. then went full e85 and i forget what the horsepower was but i was in the low 230's. Then I retuned with steve with the same setup accept with a k tuned exhaust and flex fuel and fuel pump and never did a edyno but the car def pulls harder. I would go as far as saying steves 91 tune produced more hp then vits e85. Vit brought in vtec really weird with an rbc and made low end power horrendous in my opinion. Steves tune I burn tires through third if I don't work some magic into it. Like second gear has no grip and 1st will break tires when vtec hit. Never did that with vits tune. Sorry for going on and on thats just a personal experience. Hope vit doesnt see this cause I got to know him a bit after tuning with him so much lol.

I spent a whole lot of money figuring this stuff out. Get all your goodies. Really think about what you want to do with the car. Buy all your bolt ons and tune once. If you want to go boost just do it now. If you do it in stages like i did then ur gonna spend a ton of dough to get no where. Its like buying a 250cc street bike. A week later your gonna wish you got the 600.

Sorry edited this like 10 times haha

Hahahahah, that's okay ! At least I clearly can see you've went through a lot of trials and tunes to know what you're talking about. It is my first time and it is intimidating to me, of course. I am not afraid to learn and play around a bit. I'm sticking with NA for now. I'm definitely getting FBO next year. I'm not in a rush to tune my car any time soon. I am glad that I have a Hondata Flashpro ready and available whenever I need'em. Plus I got a great deal on it and can't complain at all.

And yeah, everyone has nothing but good things to say about E-Tunez. Consistently good reviews from the community.

I've been told and I can see they're reputable. I enjoy looking around their site. Full of information. It is good to be aware that there is no universal basemap. The basemap is tailored based on what each ride has installed. I see there are clutch kits that requires Hondata Flashpro (red race version). Crazy seeing what tuning options Hondata has to offer.

I've been driving Lucille stock since I got her. I definitely am considering swapping out the K&N Typhoon with Acuity CAI instead. I want to feel little more power out of her now that I've completed her suspension platform. Her SS brake lines are on the way in the mail right now.

I dunno what I read, and can't readily find anything that alludes to it being unsafe either. :hmmm?:
I have no clue what I was thinking. :confuzzled:

Looks like I'm sticking the reflash back on today!

:rotfl: