Official Computer Talk Thread

FooBird

If the Foo...well, you know. Just wear it.
Kirkland, WA
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
Coupe

Modifier
Chicago
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Last edited:

AlienPrime

Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Vehicle Model
Civic Si HFP
Body Style
2 door Coupe
Last edited by a moderator:

GSquared

Boca Raton, Florida
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
not really :) just pour some liquid nitrogen into your ln2 canister ever 5 minutes :)

Yeah...mostly good for benchmarking and....benchmarking. If you want a fast chip with lower maintenance than every 5 minutes, watercooling wins!

Even in my hot Florida room, my CPU cores stay at 30-33 C idle. Ambient is about 26-27 C [2600K Overclocked to 4.7 for games and 4.4 for daily use. SLI GTX680 Classifieds stay pretty cool as well, room gets super hot though!]

(2 480 Radiators, Noctua Fans, 35x2 pump)

bootyluvr

Baltimore, MD
Vehicle Model
2015 Honda Accord EX-L V6
PC talk! :woot:

60C for my CPU and 74C for my GPU are the hottest my temps have been. Of course that's been 100% CPU usage and 100% GPU usage.

Jonathong

Delano, California
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Sedan
My setup I'm usually at 29c but when I start to play games and all that it usually is at 49c. Biggest I got mine up to was 51c

FooBird

If the Foo...well, you know. Just wear it.
Kirkland, WA
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
Coupe
PC talk! :woot:

60C for my CPU and 74C for my GPU are the hottest my temps have been. Of course that's been 100% CPU usage and 100% GPU usage.

My GTX680 is at 70C when playing games and 100%.

rain91

Vehicle Model
fb6
Body Style
http://soundcloud.com/lazy_rain
sorry to go off topic-ish, but could i get some suggestions on a laptop

wants/needs/guide list -
- backlit keyboard (last one didnt have one, didnt realize how big that was)
- preferably i5 or i7
- $500 - 800 (willing to go absolute max 900 if convincing enough)
- 15" pref, last one i had was 17, i dont know what the hype is all about huge laptop screens. purpose is to transport easily and i had a asus n61jqx that thing was fucken huge
- good battery life is a must but will compromise with speed

notes -
- will be doing some light gaming on it, maybe just league of legends. mostly for browsing and school, ms office ready would be nice
- been looking at this, any thoughts ? http://www.costco.com/HP-Envy-dv6t-Quad-Laptop,-Intel®-Core™-i7-3630QM-2.4GHz.product.100036057.html

GSquared

Boca Raton, Florida
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
sorry to go off topic-ish, but could i get some suggestions on a laptop

wants/needs/guide list -
- backlit keyboard (last one didnt have one, didnt realize how big that was)
- preferably i5 or i7
- $500 - 800 (willing to go absolute max 900 if convincing enough)
- 15" pref, last one i had was 17, i dont know what the hype is all about huge laptop screens. purpose is to transport easily and i had a asus n61jqx that thing was fucken huge
- good battery life is a must but will compromise with speed

notes -
- will be doing some light gaming on it, maybe just league of legends. mostly for browsing and school, ms office ready would be nice
- been looking at this, any thoughts ? http://www.costco.com/HP-Envy-dv6t-Quad-Laptop,-Intel®-Core™-i7-3630QM-2.4GHz.product.100036057.html

In my opinion if you are getting a laptop, I would grab one with a Haswell in it. It's GPU is much better than the last gen (I believe it can run a 4k display I read somewhere) and it's main focus is battery life and mobile performance. Hence why Apple's Air went from 7 hours to 12 hours of battery life (tested at longer - also getting them at work I'll test them out there too!)