Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

Tom's Si

Sarasota, FL
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Installed the sport horn kit from CHH. They package stuff like they're shipping their first born! Great job as always. Also switched out headlights so I can take my time for a retrofit.

Nibsirb

Charleston, SC
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Woke up early and dropped her on Tein lowering springs

Front before...

Front after...

Don't mind the bumper being off, now I'm installing the WRX STI lip mod...

Dar-Dar

Mordorator
North NJ
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Fiji Blue Pearl Coupe Coolest Member Since: May 15, 2011
I cant think of the words to describe how that looks. Glad the can serves a purpose and doesn't let that go back into the intake.
The catch can is connected between the PCV valve and the intake manifold. It works best when installed that way. Installing a catch can between the intake and valve cover doesn't do much. The last time I dumped the catch can was last December too. It's only been 2 months.
That is crazy to think you have that much buildup on a NA car.
It's frozen water/oil/gas mixture. :D If I had a catch can with a drain plug, I wouldn't have been able to dump that out. Unless, I took the catch can inside the house and let the ice defrost.

Flightmaster127

Supporting Member
Vip Member
Delaware
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
The catch can is connected between the PCV valve and the intake manifold.

I did something similar to this on my 97. I used a lawnmower fuel filter to catch the oil between the PCV valve and intake. So far it seems to be doing its job well until I can step up to a fancier setup. I wound up spending all of like $2.00.