Official 'What did you do to your car today?' Thread

Verzerrung

Yucaipa, CA
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Coupe
I have a question, I have been looking a lot into R18 bolt ons and I know it generally isn't worth it. Not looking for anything crazy with my automatic and I know I can do the throttle body spacer, SRI/CAI and exhaust. That aside however, whenever the time comes and the engine or trans in this car does blow, is there a better alternative that offers more power as a swap that would be worth doing?

Who's Jeep Grand Cherokee? My buddy had a lifted '96 Grand Cherokee with 35" tires a while back.
Here is a photo of it in the background, it was my brothers, but he gave it to his wife. The Jeep up front my brother sold and now has the white Lancer.

SO Clean.

I always like to ask, what method do you use to clean your engine bay? It seems like such an undertaking that I never want to even start. How long would you say it took you?
Thanks man! Honestly I have no idea, my brother did it for me and I'll show you how it looked before. It was bad because not even I know how to clean it so I just left it alone. I think he covered up a few things and put tire shine? Not how I want it done, but it is whatever I guess. I'll get around to doing it the right way one of these days.

fahnix

SoCal
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
I have a question, I have been looking a lot into R18 bolt ons and I know it generally isn't worth it. Not looking for anything crazy with my automatic and I know I can do the throttle body spacer, SRI/CAI and exhaust. That aside however, whenever the time comes and the engine or trans in this car does blow, is there a better alternative that offers more power as a swap that would be worth doing?

Here is a photo of it in the background, it was my brothers, but he gave it to his wife. The Jeep up front my brother sold and now has the white Lancer.

Thanks man! Honestly I have no idea, my brother did it for me and I'll show you how it looked before. It was bad because not even I know how to clean it so I just left it alone. I think he covered up a few things and put tire shine? Not how I want it done, but it is whatever I guess. I'll get around to doing it the right way one of these days.

yeah, I'm hesitant to do it myself with all the electronics under there, but I watched a few vids and think I have a pretty good idea of what to avoid now. Might take the leap this weekend.

Verzerrung

Yucaipa, CA
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Coupe
yeah, I'm hesitant to do it myself with all the electronics under there, but I watched a few vids and think I have a pretty good idea of what to avoid now. Might take the leap this weekend.
Looking forward to seeing it man! Don’t forget to order those leds and it’s pretty quick to do.

ron v

The Forum Idiot
Escondido
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si Coupe
It’ll take a lot to blow that engine and trans unless ur throwing boost or nitrous at it in an untuned fashion. Or just neglecting it all around. It’s just really slowwwwwww.

ron v

The Forum Idiot
Escondido
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si Coupe
Oh man all out there off the 10 is awesome for that sort of stuff then along the 395 which isn’t to far away from him is epic as well. Sorry for replying for him.

ron v

The Forum Idiot
Escondido
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si Coupe
I forget what highway it is but it cuts through the 395 to death valley through a little mining town called trona. Thats the bomb spot for all your off road needs. you can ride trails for miles to different cities.

Verzerrung

Yucaipa, CA
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Coupe
Sorry I have been lagging. Just been looking into my investments with the stock market and I have invested $660 and I'm at $1,037. Almost $400 so far. Something new I have been trying to get into.

The man Ron knows what is up! The 395 off of the Cajon Pass I-15 and my brother goes to some hills literally off the I-10 freeway near Cherry Valley/Calimesa. I would say near Johnson Valley and other areas off of the 247.

ron v

The Forum Idiot
Escondido
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si Coupe
great mountain biking out there too. If your into destroying your body.

Verzerrung

Yucaipa, CA
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Coupe
I'm not that coordinated. lol One time I tried a bunny hop and that pedal swung right around and smacked my shin. Painful!!

ron v

The Forum Idiot
Escondido
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si Coupe
It’s fun. Just not my cup of tea. Then bikes are crazy expensive.

Verzerrung

Yucaipa, CA
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Coupe
I bought some plastic vinyl lather-ish type of material from Joann's today. I will be putting it on the door panels just above the arm rest. Hopefully it will turn out. It is a bit cold, so don't know if I'll bother with it tonight.

Verzerrung

Yucaipa, CA
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Coupe
Yup the good old Bride inserts. I think I'm just going to drill the plastic welds out and leave it as long as the screws support it well enough. Don't really care to seal it up with plastic epoxy every time. I'll likely be getting around to this tomorrow! Thanks Webby! How do you think it will look with the material I got? I was looking for alcantara, but that is a bit out of my budget for the time being.

Verzerrung

Yucaipa, CA
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Coupe
I wanted to do an alcantara type material, but it is more of a suede and doesn't have that same texture alcantara does. Ideally I would like to do most of the plastic trim in alcantara and keep the door inserts I'm doing tomorrow in a plastic leather look. My only issue is I don't know where to find a good alternative to real alcantara or similar material for a good cost. I believe the real stuff can be pretty expensive, but I don't have much knowledge on this.

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
Alcantara is referred to as the "Italian sister fabric." That's because the fundamental difference between Alcantara and Ultrasuede is that Alcantara is made in Italy. That's really it. It has a fancier name and a more automotive-luxury-seeming country of origin, but, really, your Alcantara steering wheel on your AMG is an Ultrasuede steering wheel.

This explains it in more detail.
https://jalopnik.com/what-the-hell-is-alacantara-anyway-1604799947