Pauly's "You're my boy Blue!"

xXCiviXx

Calgary, AB, Canada
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
Coupe
Replaced pkastip dip with 3M carbon fiber wrap. Looks a lot classier. :)

BEFORE

View attachment 40178

AFTER

Will be doing this once my wrap gets here!! As well as in a couple other places too!

Pauly99to17

Ville de Quebec
Vehicle Model
2012 LX
Body Style
Dyno Blue Pearl Sedan (FB2)
So bummed today. I just got a bunch of scratches fixed front and rear a couple weeks ago. Now this in the middle of the hood.
Dam. Don't even know how it happened. Saw it after work. :(:sadbanana::surrender:

Last edited:

andre12dbsi

Gatineau, QC Canada
Vehicle Model
'15 Acura TLX SH-AWD Tech
Body Style
Sedan
Wow. That sucks Pauly. It's so hard to keep a car clean and free from chips and little dents especially when you use it as a daily driver.

Pauly99to17

Ville de Quebec
Vehicle Model
2012 LX
Body Style
is there actually a dimple there from a stone? :(
Yes. I don't even know if it was a rock/s. It just showed up on my car. I'm going to try to push the dent out. You would think that would be an easy place to get at, but no. There is a second layer of metal under the ding. I will have to drill a small hole in that layer to be able to get. To it. Then I will paint pen it. Not ideal, but can't go through insurance and don't want to spend the money to have the whole hood repainted.

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
Contact a paintless dent removal company. They may be able to get the dent out without you having to drill under it.

Pauly99to17

Ville de Quebec
Vehicle Model
2012 LX
Body Style
Ya, they probably could. I don't want to pay 75$ for 15 minutes worth of work though. I want to give it ago myself. Watched plenty of videos. Seems easy enough, well, this particular situation anyway.

Reactions: Nix

Pauly99to17

Ville de Quebec
Vehicle Model
2012 LX
Body Style
Not having a lot of luck with headlights installation. 4 hours and counting. :(
Problem with DRLs and HIDs. Given up for tonight. Will try again tomorrow.

Pauly99to17

Ville de Quebec
Vehicle Model
2012 LX
Body Style
Running hids in the highs?
No. Just in the lows.
Wanted to put LEDs in the DRLs but having difficulty with those too. May just switch to a halogen H1 bulb until I get my new resistors (ordered over a month ago on eBay, being sent from China and still not here. :cornmad:) Tried the the resistor kit that I had with my old set up, but can only get one side to work. Maybe a faulty ground in the other side, but it's weird. DRLs are not working at all now with all the trouble shooting I was trying. I must have had 20 DRL codes pop up from all the options I was trying to figure it out.

Will get back at it tomorrow a.m. Hopefully I can figure it out. I have been reading that HIDs have a chip that will tun off if the lights are turned on and off too often. That must be what happened. I wasn't starting the car either so the power draw may not have been high enough even though they are hooked up with a relay harness.

Last edited: