Cartographer
Super Mod
Michiana
Vehicle Model
'12 Civic Si
Body Style
DBP II Coupe
Sheesh.....I got a lot to learn.

We all do! Hell, I think I have learned a lot since being on this forum, but I still don't know squat about wheels. All is see is a bunch of numbers when people talk about them.

squiggy

Cartographer
Super Mod
Michiana
Vehicle Model
'12 Civic Si
Body Style
DBP II Coupe
I had a feeling you were who picked up pandas rbc set up so quickly. Good pickup
Thank you! I need to quit buying stuff before I finish other things, but I can't pass up a good deal when I see it.

Dar-Dar

Mordorator
North NJ
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Fiji Blue Pearl Coupe Coolest Member Since: May 15, 2011
What intake are you getting?

squiggy

Cartographer
Super Mod
Michiana
Vehicle Model
'12 Civic Si
Body Style
DBP II Coupe
Same with me. I've spent over 1300 in the past month on my car

Since July 1st:

Full-Race Dwonpipe and Exhaust
FlashPro
GTMat 80 mil Sound Deadener
Black Lugs
Steering Wheel Head Unit Control Harness
iPod Head Unit Cable
RBC Intake Manifold
RDX 410 cc Injectors
ZDX Throttle Body and Adapter

Oy! :eek:

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
Nay, @323 ....strut bars? Like in the front? You won't need em. The front struts are jammed up against the firewall and it's already a very very stiff part of the car. You won't gain anything on this particular chassis from it and it most likely will be hidden by the cowl which detracts from the bling factor. On other cars where the struts come up on either side of the engine and the brace goes across the middle of the engine bay, there is something to be gained there.

Modifier
Chicago
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Sedan
Nay, @323 ....strut bars? Like in the front? You won't need em. The front struts are jammed up against the firewall and it's already a very very stiff part of the car. You won't gain anything on this particular chassis from it and it most likely will be hidden by the cowl which detracts from the bling factor. On other cars where the struts come up on either side of the engine and the brace goes across the middle of the engine bay, there is something to be gained there.
really? I've had people say that a strut bar is a cheap way to feel a lot more rigidity in the chassis.
the fkx racing strut bar looks pretty nice and looks like it would be for function too.
but if what you're saying is true, then i'd rather save that money

Nix

Jötunn Moderator
Lew-vul, KY
Body Style
It's A Fast Pig!
On something like this: Yes.

On the newer civics the location of the front struts kind of negates the huge gains. I'm sure you could feel "something" but you would be better off spending the money in other locations. The gains from the bar on the 8/9th gen civics won't be very much.

Here is a pic of a strut bar on an 8th gen. See the location of the struts slammed up against the firewall? Extremely stiff area of the chassis. The bar can't do much in that location. With the plastic cowl back on you won't even get the "oooh shiny parts" bonus. Even the older civics had the struts much further forward.