Test Your Internet Speed.

fahnix

SoCal
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
pretty horrible pic I found in the manual, but it shows you can turn the wifi off. Under radio selection it says Wi-Fi Operation and it's defaulted to "ON".

I see they have a guide for bridge mode/ pass through to use your own router if you want. Then it just makes their device a modem and your router would do the rest.

https://forums.att.com/conversation...gh-setup-information/5defbfffbad5f2f606ad5ed2

This. I started doing it years ago and never looked back. I've rarely have issues since.

Tapatalk is free. I don't use the paid version and don't have problems with uploading but I'm used to the web version on my phone plus I'm weird with forums.. when I go to Tapatalk just for this forum it will make one of my other forums all read topics without me even going to it.. which pisses me off/annoys me so I don't use it.

I just did speedtests on my Verizon LTE connection and here are the results. My download speeds aren't bad but upload is ****.

1st Test

View attachment 61486

2nd test

View attachment 61487

3rd Test

View attachment 61488

Yeah, I use the free version too, but it makes me upload pictures in a lower quality. It says that full resolution is for VIP members only.

bootyluvr

Baltimore, MD
Vehicle Model
2015 Honda Accord EX-L V6
Yeah, I use the free version too, but it makes me upload pictures in a lower quality. It says that full resolution is for VIP members only.

Yes I know what you meant now. My bad. Think that's part of the reason I went to the web version

bootyluvr

Baltimore, MD
Vehicle Model
I see everyone uses the SpeedTest app or speedtest.net website..

On Mobile devices - Can someone do a test for me...

Run your speedtest from the SpeedTest app (or however you do it) and then run a speed test through fast.com

I've noticed that SpeedTest has MUCH higher speeds than fast.com (or other sites) when on Mobile. At least for me with Verizon.

I can pull 50Mbps via SpeedTest app but seconds later not even pull 8Mbps via Fast.com

bootyluvr

Baltimore, MD
Vehicle Model

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
You can see that Speedtest shows better speed on the same connection. So the question persists: which of the two results are more accurate?

Fast is designed with Netflix users in mind, so one argument is that Fast uses large packets to imitate real-world data profiles which comes into play while streaming Netflix content. Fast may also not care for any speed above 30 Mbps which is sufficient to stream high-quality Netflix videos. Catering to higher speed would mean that Netflix is only wasting bandwidth to measure higher speeds, which may not make sense considering the huge load already resting on its servers.

For Speedtest, this is not an excuse. Its wide profile of servers allows for more detailed test results. It's also a favorite in the press which further increases its credibility. It even goes a step further to use its data to rank countries and ISPs.

Considering how well the company is popular and supports more platforms, Speedtest tests can be regarded as a wee bit more reliable than that of Fast. Also, Fast comes across as less transparent about how it conducts the speed tests and its server locations. Speedtest has over 7 thousand servers that conduct their testing. Fast does not specify.

Gitrdone42

Boiling Springs
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
sedan
I've realized when we move into the new house at the end of the year, we won't have fiber internet available. Cable is there and I can get up to the download speeds but it'll cost me a lot more than I'm paying now.

bootyluvr

Baltimore, MD
Vehicle Model
I've realized when we move into the new house at the end of the year, we won't have fiber internet available. Cable is there and I can get up to the download speeds but it'll cost me a lot more than I'm paying now.

Damn. At least you have the cable option.

One of the customers I support is moving to a new house soon on 15 acres and doesn't have any options. No FiOS. No cable.

Previous people used AT&T hotspot since cell service is good.