fahnix

SoCal
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
This was a test ran right beside the router
View attachment 61471

There we go. That second run looks better.

I’d watch your packet loss. See if that’s a fluke. 3.3% should not be the norm

Agreed. Any consistent loss above 1% is worth a look into.

WiFi (almost furthest location from router)

Pay for 300/12
View attachment 61478

Your cell signal looks like mine. I get terrible service at my place. :tongue:

Gitrdone42

Boiling Springs
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
sedan
I’d watch your packet loss. See if that’s a fluke. 3.3% should not be the norm
I'll look into it tonight when I get home. I looked back at one of the results from the old router and it had 67% loss. Could explain what was happening.

bootyluvr

Baltimore, MD
Vehicle Model
2015 Honda Accord EX-L V6
Your cell signal looks like mine. I get terrible service at my place. :tongue:

Yeah it's ridiculous. I live by the water and also by an airport.. I feel like both of those things cause the terrible service at my house.

I should do some speedtests at home off the WiFi. I've had it before when it fails and can't even get speed results. Also texting is horrible. Takes forever to send pictures. I get calls because WiFi calling.

fahnix

SoCal
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Yeah it's ridiculous. I live by the water and also by an airport.. I feel like both of those things cause the terrible service at my house.

I should do some speedtests at home off the WiFi. I've had it before when it fails and can't even get speed results. Also texting is horrible. Takes forever to send pictures. I get calls because WiFi calling.
I get no service without WiFi calling either. It's pretty terrible. And I'm not near water or an airport. Or in a particular hilly area. No idea why my service is such crap here. If I move around 100 ft from the building it starts to clear up though.
I'll look into it tonight when I get home. I looked back at one of the results from the old router and it had 67% loss. Could explain what was happening.
Oh yeah, that old one was giving up the ghost if It was dropping that much.

fahnix

SoCal
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Screenshot_20200827-073009.png

On Cell service [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Edit: I really just need to stop using Tapatalk to upload photos I think. At least if I'm not gonna pay for the app. The quality of the allowed upload is laughable. First pic is uploading via the web. Second is via Tapatalk.

Last edited:

bootyluvr

Baltimore, MD
Vehicle Model
I get no service without WiFi calling either. It's pretty terrible. And I'm not near water or an airport. Or in a particular hilly area. No idea why my service is such crap here. If I move around 100 ft from the building it starts to clear up though. Oh yeah, that old one was giving up the ghost if It was dropping that much.

And you have Verizon. Same here.

But Verizon is the best everywhere.. smh

View attachment 61480

On Cell service [emoji1787][emoji1787]

Edit: I really just need to stop using Tapatalk to upload photos I think. At least if I'm not gonna pay for the app. The quality of the allowed upload is laughable. First pic is uploading via the web. Second is via Tapatalk.

I usually use the web version via Chrome on my phone. Upload pictures via there.

FooBird

If the Foo...well, you know. Just wear it.
Kirkland, WA
Vehicle Model
Si
Body Style
Coupe
WiFi in my home office.
0315237F-A8B6-48FF-A6F4-FD048A25E375.png

Wire in my home office - delivered as promised 500 down/500 up.

fahnix

SoCal
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
And you have Verizon. Same here.

But Verizon is the best everywhere.. smh

I usually use the web version via Chrome on my phone. Upload pictures via there.

I know right?! I switched from T-Mo about 3 years ago because people SWORE Verizon got better coverage in the area... Guess what? They didn't. :banghead:

That's what I ended up doing. I won't even try with Tapatalk any more. I really wish it wasn't a subscription. I'd consider purchase if it was a one time thing. Or maybe if I used a bunch of other forums, but as it stands, I just can't justify it.

WiFi in my home office.
View attachment 61481

Wire in my home office - delivered as promised 500 down/500 up.

I wish there was a symmetrical offering in my area. Even Cox Gigablast (What a stupid name.:bleh:) is only 940 down and 35 up. What I really want is the upload speed so I can serve my own media content remotely.

Gitrdone42

Boiling Springs
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
sedan
Oh yeah, that old one was giving up the ghost if It was dropping that much.
Bad part is the old one wasn't but 4-6 months old. I just had a tech out to check it all and they swapped it out. He said a wall connector I had going to my computer was causing my problems. So I took it out and just ran the cable straight from the router to the computer. Everything worked fine for just a few days then started going to crap. I'm on maybe my 4th router in I think 3 years of having this service. AT&T won't let you use your own router with their gigabit service.

fahnix

SoCal
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
Ah, so there's a good chance you're not even getting new hardware to being with.

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots

bootyluvr

Baltimore, MD
Vehicle Model
I know right?! I switched from T-Mo about 3 years ago because people SWORE Verizon got better coverage in the area... Guess what? They didn't. :banghead:

That's what I ended up doing. I won't even try with Tapatalk any more. I really wish it wasn't a subscription. I'd consider purchase if it was a one time thing. Or maybe if I used a bunch of other forums, but as it stands, I just can't justify it.

I wish there was a symmetrical offering in my area. Even Cox Gigablast (What a stupid name.:bleh:) is only 940 down and 35 up. What I really want is the upload speed so I can serve my own media content remotely.

Tapatalk is free. I don't use the paid version and don't have problems with uploading but I'm used to the web version on my phone plus I'm weird with forums.. when I go to Tapatalk just for this forum it will make one of my other forums all read topics without me even going to it.. which pisses me off/annoys me so I don't use it.

I just did speedtests on my Verizon LTE connection and here are the results. My download speeds aren't bad but upload is ****.

1st Test

Screenshot_20200827-190645.png

2nd test

Screenshot_20200827-190804.png

3rd Test

Screenshot_20200827-190928.png

Gitrdone42

Boiling Springs
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
sedan
pretty horrible pic I found in the manual, but it shows you can turn the wifi off. Under radio selection it says Wi-Fi Operation and it's defaulted to "ON".

I see they have a guide for bridge mode/ pass through to use your own router if you want. Then it just makes their device a modem and your router would do the rest.

https://forums.att.com/conversation...gh-setup-information/5defbfffbad5f2f606ad5ed2
Will definitely look into this. Maybe I can get something more reliable