Test Your Internet Speed.

mySIck

FT. Bragg, NC
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Sedan
Nothing wrong with 5e. It can support gigabit speeds as long as the cable run isn’t greater than like 300ft.
I had a 25 series guy in my unit make it years back for practice and it has held up well over years. I am just wondering maybe I can get more out of it if I upgrade to something that is not military grade.

mySIck

FT. Bragg, NC
Vehicle Model
Civic SI
Body Style
Sedan
I am only using it to hardwire my Xbox and another to my TV. I currently have Modem/router combined that TWC gave me but looking to buy one to replace it. I thought about getting one the Nighthawk combos.

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots
It’s highly unlikely that you’d get any difference from a cat6 cable (unless your cable has issues). Seeing as how your speeds are going way up/down, I think you have a service/hardware related issue. Short distance cat6 can do 10 gigabit, but it’s not normal to even find routers that can supply those speeds. Normally you’ll just find gigabit routers in stores/online. Even if you did get a router to support 10 gigabit speeds, you’re not sending internet traffic that fast to the Xbox etc.

bootyluvr

Baltimore, MD
Vehicle Model
2015 Honda Accord EX-L V6

ron v

The Forum Idiot
Escondido
Vehicle Model
Civic
Body Style
Si Coupe
I’m in the backyard during prime time hours WiFi of course. 3E02AE87-7296-420D-BA20-AFF0BCDD72C4.png

Honda-Fan

Dallas, Texas
Vehicle Model
Civic LX
Body Style
Coupe
That's because it doesn't tell you how much faster you are than the rest of America. Getting that data alone slices your download speeds in half.

fahnix

SoCal
Vehicle Model
Civic Si
Body Style
Coupe
I wish I got speeds like this at home. Not that I'd have anything to do with it. :D

upload_2020-6-3_9-5-27.png