Turbo+ AWD!!!!!

k757

CT
Slower than an Si in the 1/4 mi...but you can do donuts (cause you do that a few times a day, so it's cool)

-Keith
'11 WRX & '99 2.3CL

webby

Administrator
Admin
Toys For Tots

k757

CT
It still looks like a blast to drive even if it is not a rocket. 15.3 is no slouch

-Keith
'11 WRX & '99 2.3CL

clevrname

I understand the whole "good all around car" theory. I think it is definetly that. But if I were to get one, I need some punch from the factory and when a the 0-60 time is only a second faster than a 4cyl Camry, it kills it for me. I don't need balls to the wall fast, but I think if the car was around 230-240hp I, personally, would enjoy it more.

k757

CT
Can you post some pics of it next to the STI or Civic for real world size comparison. Maybe a TC or corolla?

-Keith
'11 WRX & '99 2.3CL

k757

CT
Hahaha, I assumed that there was a scion version just sitting there :)

-Keith
'11 WRX & '99 2.3CL

death_roll

Always
Vehicle Model
a happy face
I understand the whole "good all around car" theory. I think it is definetly that. But if I were to get one, I need some punch from the factory and when a the 0-60 time is only a second faster than a 4cyl Camry, it kills it for me. I don't need balls to the wall fast, but I think if the car was around 230-240hp I, personally, would enjoy it more.

then go drive your boring understeering family car...0-60 in 7 ish seconds is fine with me, I'm probably putting my deposit down this weekend

Damaca

Minister of the Boost
Vip Member
New Jersey
Vehicle Model
Subaru RS
Body Style
Coupe
I so knew that a response of that nature would come from Jason. lol.

death_roll

Always
Vehicle Model
a happy face
Im on the stock tune on the WRX and I think it's too quick sometimes, this car will be like a rwd version of my old SE-R, which was the most fun car Ive had.

clevrname

It's essentially a RWD SI.

I'm not saying it's bad, and i'm not saying it won't be fun as hell. But, the thing I hated about my SI at the dragon was the CONSTANT gear changing to keep the RPMs up so the car would attempt to keep up with you guys. I just think it would be nice to have a little more power.

k757

CT
power should never be underestimated in importance
I say this as when I had the '09 Maxima there, handling was not there but the power/TQ was so I was able to0 keep up with most of the Si there as I couldn't corner well but came up on them quickly once out of the corner

death_roll

Always
Vehicle Model
a happy face
It's essentially a RWD SI.

I'm not saying it's bad, and i'm not saying it won't be fun as hell. But, the thing I hated about my SI at the dragon was the CONSTANT gear changing to keep the RPMs up so the car would attempt to keep up with you guys. I just think it would be nice to have a little more power.

Lots of power/torque doesn't really make the WRX fun, it's too easy to drive. I actually want to drive the car again.

Didn't you beat / keep up with Dawn in a drag race?? Boost really isn't as cracked up as everyone makes it out to be.

k757

CT
Lots of power/torque doesn't really make the WRX fun, it's too easy to drive. I actually want to drive the car again.
nope, not at all. The WRX has no power compared to my stage 2 WRX & STI friends in CT. I consider my car kinda slow.

The WRX is made to auto-x/track. Failure to do so is doing a disservice to the car's soul. I relate it to owning a Jeep Wrangler and never leaving the pavement.... what a shame.

On that note, my auto-x season starts tomorrow with an additional event on Sunday.

Marky Mark

Can you post some pics of it next to the STI or Civic for real world size comparison. Maybe a TC or corolla?

-Keith
'11 WRX & '99 2.3CL

I'd say its similar in size to a miata and s2000. def smaller than a genesis coupe.