Buddy Club Short Shifter (Full Assembly) Promotion

Anyone have this?
I have it, like it, do not think it sits higher than oem, and had a cheap ebay $17.00 adpter on the oem cage before this. Honestly, the throws are equal between ebay adapter on oem and the buddy club. I replaced all bushings with aluminum and the feel is real notchy but firm. If you don't like a notchy gear box (think BMW or VW for not notchy), skip the base bushings and use the oem steel inside rubber bushings. Def get the Hybrid racing underhood cable bushings no matter what else you choose.

I installed my buddy club short shifter yesterday and it is very nice, the reduction in throw is good and i don't feel it sits any higher the the stock shifter,
comparing to my TMW short shifter that was in my 8th gen si though not quite as nice , the TMW was all metal and very short throw and the stick was shorter also. but the price of course was twice as much as the buddy club
this was a great option for what is out there right now for the 9th gen.

Did you do the install yourself? I've been calling around and have been getting quotes from 150$-200$ :/

Yea...when I the two places what kind of car I had there like oh that'll take a little longer. Hour and a half to two hours of labor is what they're quoting

Yea...when I the two places what kind of car I had there like oh that'll take a little longer. Hour and a half to two hours of labor is what they're quoting

Just do it yourself lol. It took me 30 minutes from start to finish.

I've read through that one and another one on that other site :p I don't know if I could tackle it without messing anything up:/ and some parts were kind of unclear to where I wouldn't be confident doing it alone, but everyone does say it's pretty easy

I actually haven't read that one you linked squiggy, any parts in particular that I should watch out for if I go and attempt this myself?

I actually haven't read that one you linked squiggy, any parts in particular that I should watch out for if I go and attempt this myself?

Your biggest hassle will be disconnecting the cables from the assembly, the "clips" can be a PITA.

I read u have to like hold something when doing this or maybe it was a different step, but if you don't hold it something will slide back into place? Idk..lol...plus I'm removing the whole assembly as opposed to just doing the CT-E

I think it's worth attempting the install yourself, unless you can find someone who has done a short shifter before on this car and will only charge your 30 or 45 min for labor, not 1+ hours.

got my buddyclub shifter, dc5 R shift knob, hybrid cable and base bushings to install. i can't wait to get it all in

I'm still waiting on my bushings -___- and to read the DIYs a few more times to build up enough courage to install it all :p let us know how your install goes!

I'm still waiting on my bushings -___- and to read the DIYs a few more times to build up enough courage to install it all :p let us know how your install goes!

Handle the shifter cables with care when installing the cable bushings!

Isn't that the easiest part? I have them now that I'm home! Going to install them after i look up how to lol any quick tips?

Back