2012 Civic MPG - share your current gas mileage

in theory, the slower the more mpgs
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/sedans/1208_40_mpg_compact_sedan_comparison/f

civic HF is tested in that url (towards the bottom of page 1) ^^

mpg_vs_speed.jpg

well just had my first oil change. 2012 civic four door dx. 15800 kms had 20% oil life left.
5.4 liters per 100 kms economy. best the dealership has seen.

5.4liters = 1.4 gallons
100km = 62 miles

converts to 44.3 mpg

Just rode to school today for the first day, 35 mile round trip, 90% highway.
Did 65 average on the highway and had some traffic back home in the afternoon.
Averaged 37 on the highway but total average was 33.7 for the day, will update once the whole tank is done and i can get an accurate measurement without relying on the car meter

Reset the trip meter from school back home... The trip meter never reads right if i let it since i stay with the car on for like 10 minutes once i get to school and it drops the mpg alot.

Managed around 37 average driving 60 on the highway with some stop and go traffic for a mile or 2 on the highway. Was over 40 MPG without that traffic, freaking impressive if you ask me for an Si. Ive heard of people getting better MPG's with the intake and reflash which i'm doing soon as well.

Now that I have gotten over trying to drive for max MPG, my 2012 lx coupe is doing 26-28MPG in town by the meter. This is driving what I consider "normal", zipping away from lights, shifting between 3-4K and basically driving like I do my other cars. I never use eco mode in town, throttle response is too dead for me. I don't drive that many miles a week and a lot of it is short trips which I know kills MPG. I'll gladly give up 5-8MPG to enjoy the zip this car has and not focus on the MPG meter. I'm not going to drive like a granny.

I will add another dislike, I wish I could switch out the MPG meter for a temp gauge in the menu. I think this is the only car I have ever owned that doesn't have one. At some point I will probably add one somewhere. The MPG meter was neat but now I just drive the car ignoring it.

Highway MPG is still 38+ with cruise on and 42-43 if I drive letting speed vary 5-10 MPH on hills.

Yea i get you Stephey some people on the city drive like grandmas... I get to speed fast and then cruise, but usually stay within 5 of the limit. Speed limit on the streets i drive is usually 40-45 and i go 45-50, highway is 55 and i'll go 60-65 usually but i'm never in a hurry and rather just put the cruise on and enjoy the ride.

Well i know i just got my car but im unhappy with the mileage im getting... so far i have 300 miles on the tank and i have 2 little [][] squares left and the computer says i have 29 miles range left...
so that means i might get 24-25 miles per gallon when i run completely dry?? WTH this kinda sucks.. I have Econ mode all the time and I am also driving like a grandma and this is what i get? i really hope breaking it in will give me those extra 7 more miles per gallon or so that everyone else is getting. :(

did you fill the tank up to full initially? Or are we going under the assumption the dealer filled it up full with the trip meter reset? Another thing to look at - tire pressure setting. Take a look at all 4 tires and see what they're at. Was it city driving or highway driving... mix?

Well i know i just got my car but im unhappy with the mileage im getting... so far i have 300 miles on the tank and i have 2 little [][] squares left and the computer says i have 29 miles range left...
so that means i might get 24-25 miles per gallon when i run completely dry?? :(

Before I got too excited, when the low fuel light comes on in my car, it will only takes about 10 gallons. If you get 330 miles on a "tank" and it takes 10 gal to fill it back up, that's 33 MPG.

did you fill the tank up to full initially? Or are we going under the assumption the dealer filled it up full with the trip meter reset? Another thing to look at - tire pressure setting. Take a look at all 4 tires and see what they're at. Was it city driving or highway driving... mix?

well i guess i can say its the assumption that the dealer filled it up. When i bought the car is was a quarter tank left then they filled it up, I then reset it when they came back after they told be they would fill it up. I had all the little []'s up to full so i assume it was filled all the way. I have been driving mix city and highway about 55% highway and 45 city. I will check the tire pressure too. Whats the best PSI to have my tires at? All my other cars i always had 40-45 psi

Before I got too excited, when the low fuel light comes on in my car, it will only takes about 10 gallons. If you get 330 miles on a "tank" and it takes 10 gal to fill it back up, that's 33 MPG.

When does the fuel light come on because mine hasnt turned on yet but i only have 2 []s left... Hmm thats a good way of putting it im the type of person that will keep running it till my car stops so that way i get a more accurate number. I know its bad for the engine but i will be more exact. lol i carry a 1 gallon tank in my trunk. well atleast i will be putting it in now since im almost out of gas. lol

others will need to chime in - I don't actually have a 9th

When does the fuel light come on because mine hasnt turned on yet but i only have 2 []s left... Hmm thats a good way of putting it im the type of person that will keep running it till my car stops so that way i get a more accurate number. I know its bad for the engine but i will be more exact. lol i carry a 1 gallon tank in my trunk. well atleast i will be putting it in now since im almost out of gas. lol

Honda's almost always have several gal left when they show "empty". It's not bad for the engine to run them extra low/out of gas. What it damages is the in tank fuel pump. It uses the fuel to cool and lubricate the pump. Running it out of gas is going to take 20-30,000 miles of life out of the pump. I'm willing to bet when the low fuel light comes on and you have 1 bar left, you will have a hard time putting over 10 gal in. Also do NOT top the car up, that will damage the evaporative emissions system.

And what is more exact by running the car out of gas? Set the trip meter, drive till the low fuel light comes on, then refill and do the math. My MPG is: if I "drive like a granny" has been 33-34 in town. Driving what I consider normal which is zipping away from lights, shifting at 4K etc (maybe 6000 a few times) is 26-28ish in town. It averaged 38 MPG on a 600 mile trip with the cruise set at 70 on a hot day with the a/c blasting. BTW what does the in car meter say you're getting?

No worries man, when the gas light comes on, your car will only take 10 gallons, which gives you like a 2 gallon reserve under that at all times. Just like said above... even if you get 330 miles when it comes on, the average is 33 mpgs which is darn good.

According to my car this tank i am averaging 26 MPG on my Si, but i have almost 300 miles on it and like 4-5 bars left. I'm sure once i do the manual calculations it's over 30.

You do not need to do this... The best way to get an estimate, is to fill it up, reset the trip meter, drive down to when the light comes on, fill up again, see how many gallons went in(you wasted), and divide the miles by the gallons you put in

Back