Aloha from Maui, Hawaii!

Yea it's nice. What I'm really hoping for is that after this I can go home and try to install my sportlines.

you ever visit the other islands... have a favorite?

I have visited all the other islands but Maui is by far my favorite.

Oahu is a concrete jungle that's much smaller than Maui but packed with almost a million people not counting tourists. Kauai is way too damn small and slow. The Big Island is huge, much bigger than all the other island combined, but still just as small town and slow as Kauai. Maui is just right, and that's why the people say Maui No Ka Oi, or Maui is the best.

Finally got my sportlines installed. It's pretty damn low. These were left over from my last car, so I figured I'd try them on here.

One thing I noticed, the spring marked FL is for the front left according to eibach, but is that the left when facing the car? Or the actual left (driver's) side of the car? I don't remember how they fit on my 8th. I ask because if it's supposed to be for the driver's side, then the 8th gen and 9th gen cars have springs wound opposite from each other.

The spring marked FL was wound the same way as the front passenger side spring, and would only fit on that strut, and the spring that was for the FR matched the drivers side spring, and would only fit on that strut. Not sure if that'll be an issue in the long run, but it seems fine for now.

All i need now is some better dampers and wheels and tires.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1335152795.752363.jpg

Did you use the 8th generation spring isolators in the rear? Is your fender gap entirely gone now? It's hard to tell from that pic, but it looks like your tire is basically flush with the top of the fender?

I would ask papi, as he's had a number of suspension setups on his car already. I'm not sure on the coil direction
http://9thcivic.com/forum/members/papiflyy.53051/

when you say that some of the islands are "slow"... you mean that in a sense that there isn't a ton to do...or?

Yea like nothing to do. Everything is super laid back everywhere in Hawaii, but those islands are just more so. Not always a bad thing, but sometimes when you need something done and nobody gives a ****, it gets irritating. A lot of places close by like 8-9pm, especially on the smaller islands and the Big Island, so if you like the night life, it's not someplace you wanna be.

for springs...that is a really nice looking drop :thumb:

Hawaii's justice system is just another reason why the whole laid back attitude stinks sometimes...

When someone can rape an underage minor (under 14yo), assault a relative who tries to intervene, and STILL only get probation, I'd say that's a failure of the justice system. I guess this shouldn't come as a surprise when you see convicted felons with rap sheets longer than they are tall walking the streets, but still, this is getting ludicrous.

http://www.staradvertiser.com/news/breaking/148579875.html?id=148579875

um, I guess I don't know the rape/sexual offender situation well enough. I thought if a person had some type of rape or offense with a child, they had to labeled a sex offender? This makes comments about him being labeled for "life". I guess at some point it is normally removed? I don't know how that works, but that is ridiculous.

Like the car man. I actually put those very same wheels on my car (well, not exactly...it was the next version with the gunmetal instead of silver). How many inches was that drop?
9perH.jpg

um, I guess I don't know the rape/sexual offender situation well enough. I thought if a person had some type of rape or offense with a child, they had to labeled a sex offender? This makes comments about him being labeled for "life". I guess at some point it is normally removed? I don't know how that works, but that is ridiculous.
It seems like he got off pretty easy, but the sex offender registry is pretty serious. If he violates it, he gets to go to jail for the rest of his sentence. I'm usually a big advocate against the SO registry, but this is a case where I think it's appropriately applied.

they'd be lowered like 1.75" with the 8th gen sportlines.

Back