Black 2012 Si Sedan

@FooBird can prob relate to your scare. He had part of his foot removed recently to cancer. Hope things look up.

Update -- I just spent the last two weeks in the hospital and did a lot of thinking. I have decided that it will be time to sell this car to pursue building a time attack EK. I've always wanted to do this and have kept saying, "maybe in two years." Well, I realized that maybe there won't be a "two year from now." I'll be campaigning the car until the end of this time attack season, and will be parting it out shortly afterwards...at least that's the plan for now.

Don't get too down on a health scare. Spending time in the hospital and having that, the wrong attitude is "there might not..."
It's more, now's the time to embrace things and do what you can and want. It makes you realize you're mortal too, but don't give up.

I was down 4 months with two surgeries for what turned out to be bone cancer in my foot, as @webby said losing part of it. I'm back up on my feet, running and quickly approaching the best shape and hopefully overall heath in my 33 years on this planet.

The are dark days but don't let them dictate what you do or where ya go. If you wanna pursue your EK bills or your FB2, do what you want rather than what you're settling for.

Don't get too down on a health scare. Spending time in the hospital and having that, the wrong attitude is "there might not..."
It's more, now's the time to embrace things and do what you can and want. It makes you realize you're mortal too, but don't give up.

I was down 4 months with two surgeries for what turned out to be bone cancer in my foot, as @webby said losing part of it. I'm back up on my feet, running and quickly approaching the best shape and hopefully overall heath in my 33 years on this planet.

The are dark days but don't let them dictate what you do or where ya go. If you wanna pursue your EK bills or your FB2, do what you want rather than what you're settling for.

I'm trying to figure that part out. I told myself to hold off until the end of the season just so that I don't jump to a conclusion that I cannot change

If you don't mind sharing, what was it that got you put into the hospital for a couple of weeks that they initially thought might be cancer?

If you don't mind sharing, what was it that got you put into the hospital for a couple of weeks that they initially thought might be cancer?

I don't mind at all. I thought I slept on my neck wrong, but then I found a lump a couple of days after the soreness started. Went in and had all sorts of work done (X-Rays, CT Scan, etc.). At that point, they were telling me that it was going to be lymphoma. Went in for a biopsy were they removed parts of the swelling lymph node, which came back non-diagnostic. After a bit more of testing, it showed as a mold. Checked into the hospital to do anti-mold, antibiotic, and anti-fungal treatment. At this point, they were thinking it was aspergillosis, which is super rare in my age group (I'm 29), unless I'm immune compromised (ala HIV). After a couple more days, my blood work comes back to show I had something called coccidioidomycosis, which is also very rare (about 200,000 cases a year). All told, I spent two consecutive weeks in the hospital from the biopsy to my release. This doesn't count all the visits to hematologists, my primary care, and infectious disease doctors.

I'm glad it turned out to be what it was rather than cancer, but it is definitely eye opening. I'm going to pick up my car from the shop space sometime this week. Maybe it will change how I feel about the car. I've already had several friends try to talk me out of it as the car is paid off and I know the car like the back of my hand.

Thanks for all the kind words and support, everyone.

Yike! Those images scans should've shown that thing light up like a light bulb if it was a cancer. I'd be mad if they worried me like that. Infections like that can be very dangerous, almost more dangerous in the short term than cancer. Cancer, especially at a young age (I'm 33) is usually not super advanced but it's a long-term problem. I was diagnosed with an intermediate grade chondrosarcoma back in January. A great form of cancer which can't be treated with radiation or chemotherapy, only surgery. Eye-opening for sure. Using it as an excuse to be frivolous! Here's my aftermath (red outline is what I lost)

upload_2017-6-27_13-35-3.png
Amputation.jpg

Last edited:
Went back out on track with the ol' girl to get some practice in for Global Time Attack. I had a big off and the car was just dusty all around. Pro photos aren't free this time around, so I only have some of what I took in the pit. I'm not sure if it was the 110* heat or if the car knows I'm thinking about selling her, but I feel like it didn't perform all too great that day.

So dusty:
35028874024_ccebf43ccb_b.jpg

I definitely need to tune the rear suspension. Under high speed braking, the rear end gets really loose and the rear starts to wag. I'm sure this is in part because of my staggered setup, but there has to be a way to mitigate this without resorting to aero. If I keep the car, I'd like to maintain the OEM body panels and look for as long as possible.

Do you think something small like the PWJDM gurney flap would add enough without changing the car too much? Maybe it's too small to really do anything.

Do you think something small like the PWJDM gurney flap would add enough without changing the car too much? Maybe it's too small to really do anything.

Probably won't make a big difference, but what I really meant by that is I'd like to do it with the car essentially in stock form until I jump up a class.

Do you daily that car, or it's just used for the track?

https://www.redshiftmotorsports.com/RedShift06CivicTech.htm
I would think these settings would translate over almost perfectly. He has some suggestions for track runs etc. He has preferred toe/camber settings in stages of aggressiveness. Maybe help a bit if you mostly run on the track.

I used that as a guide when I was street driving the car! Very effective stuff. Once I got more serious about driving, I started to seek out more info from the likes of Ken Suen. I did have my alignment updated from my last event, but it looks like I forgot to update that. I'll post a new alignment sheet on here in the coming days.

Haha! Great vid man! Too bad you went off but pretty funny. You just housed that other guy too!

I'll be competing in Super Lap Battle this year. It'll also be 5 years with this thing, so I figured it would be a good time to have a proper photo session with the car, especially since I'm planning on updating the look next year. Had a friend of mine take pictures of the car and it wasn't clean, but I've been told that dirt makes you faster.

36812808483_6e50b3aba7_b.jpg

36812808113_a1ecb450d4_b.jpg

36772779254_60fee7d6d0_b.jpg

37434577106_0627b9bd4d_b.jpg

37434576966_74d842c838_b.jpg

37434576006_636a8308fe_b.jpg

36772779554_083cb59b09_b.jpg

36812806793_d82902c56b_b.jpg

37434576126_8fa8feeeaa_b.jpg

36812806323_2cf6d38993_b.jpg

So have u decided to keep the car. Or u still thinking about selling?

Back