Lets Retrofit Some 9th gen UAE Projectors!

The hot spots and output will look that way with a HID bulb. The curvature and design of the reflector bowl is designed for a halogen bulb. I'm sure a halogen bulb will look better than the other pic shown above.

Gotcha, I wonder if anyone has the HID version and what the output and cutoff is like.

Got that stupid focus spot fixed. Time to go in.

OJ6xvO1.jpg

As a matter of fact, you really don't have to buy lenses. It's kinda personal preference. To be honest, Id probably sell the clear glass lenses if I didnt have one projector installed already.

This is the same setup with the fresnel lenses from the TL projectors:

euf0MrT.jpg

The lenses from the civic projectors are the exact same.

As a matter of fact, you really don't have to buy lenses. It's kinda personal preference. To be honest, Id probably sell the clear glass lenses if I didnt have one projector installed already.

This is the same setup with the fresnel lenses from the TL projectors:

euf0MrT.jpg

The lenses from the civic projectors are the exact same.

So are you saying the lens and the projector are independent of each other? When you install it into the headlight housing, do u first have to clip it onto the projector first? Or just install it onto the black plastic thing that u showed us before. Thanks for taking the time to answer...

So are you saying the lens and the projector are independent of each other? When you install it into the headlight housing, do u first have to clip it onto the projector first? Or just install it onto the black plastic thing that u showed us before. Thanks for taking the time to answer...
Yeah, the Lens clips into the black plastic holder and then the black plastic holder clips onto the reflector bowl, with the metal shield sandwiched in the middle.

MYQHo7X.jpg

Yeah, the Lens clips into the black plastic holder and then the black plastic holder clips onto the reflector bowl, with the metal shield sandwiched in the middle.

MYQHo7X.jpg

Thanks, that clears up a lot. Appreciate the time and effort. Now I have to talk to TRS bc they sell the TL projectors w/the 3" lens already attached on their website.

You don't want those projectors unless you want to do some cutting and drilling. Tell TRS what you're doing and that you want 4G TL projectors. They are a direct swap.

You don't want those projectors unless you want to do some cutting and drilling. Tell TRS what you're doing and that you want 4G TL projectors. They are a direct swap.

Thanks for that heads up, didn't know there was a difference.

hotshot...Another quick question. How does your blinkers look after installing your harness? Does the corner and inner lights alternate or does the outer/corner light stay on and only the inner light blink?

hotshot...Another quick question. How does your blinkers look after installing your harness? Does the corner and inner lights alternate or does the outer/corner light stay on and only the inner light blink?

I haven't wired them up yet, but my inner lights will only be on when it blinks. I don't like the wig wag look, and I don't think it came that way from the factory. I'm gonna try to get it on this weekend.

I haven't wired them up yet, but my inner lights will only be on when it blinks. I don't like the wig wag look, and I don't think it came that way from the factory. I'm gonna try to get it on this weekend.

Great, looking forward to seeing your completed work.

How did u take out the oem projectors? The space is so small, all I can manage to take out is the shield. Any tips?

hotshot...Just recieved my 4G TL projectors, powered them up to see the output...my cutoff sucks. Looks nothing like yours. No color, and it looks blurry. Looked to see if the bulb was seated correctly and it is. Wondering if its the shield that's causing this.

BTW, I have the osram CBI bulbs. But I dont think it would cause this crappy cutoff.

Last edited:
It might be the sheild. Post pics and I might be able to see what you're talking about.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1376504402.103735.jpg

This is the cutoff, look at the lower step, its really fuzzy and flares up. Plus there's no color, it's really yellow and doesn't have that blue/purple color. This is from about 15 ft away.

I'll post up some better pics when its darker. But in the meantime, I;m guessing it could be the shield. Or could the lens use some spacers? Also, this is with the TSX-R lens.

Last edited:
Back