ProCivic projector matte black LED headlights

Ugh, yeah that bulb is toasted. It's hard to say how this happened....could be bad bulbs from the get-go or something could have happened with the wiring where they just got too much power/voltage. Please email in to customercare@procivic.com and we'll get some new bulbs sent out. If you want brighter light output, you could also try PIAA bulbs or an HID kit as well. Just mention that in your email and we'll be able to get you a good discount on either option.

Sa
View attachment 35761 View attachment 35762 Here are the bulbs. The clear one is from the hi beams. The dark one is the low beams. I cant even see the filament inside. Whats wrong with my wiring in this case? I really didnt do anything withthe wiring on my lowbeams tho. This wouldnt be over voltage as well right? The fuse should habe been broke in that case but its completely fine tho when i checked
Same thing happened to me bro I replced the bulbs happened again in like a month. Got some universal hids from @PRO Civic and now everything's fine!

Hi I know.I'm so late and all but I got my new projector led lights with matte black finish, and my right halogen bulb went out after a month. Trying to find replacement bulbs but no clue what size, or type to look for that fits that exact spot. And it's a 2013 SI, so a little different headlight size compared to most but I don't know if that matters for the bulb. Any clues what type/size halogens I have so I can replace? Or what bulbs I should get to replace them?

Attachments

• DSC_0031.jpg
    DSC_0031.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 52
Usually the lifespan of an LED bulb is quite a long time. I would say on these lights the LED lights should last about 3 years or more if they are left on all the time (whenever the car is on). If the LEDs are defective, you're very likely going to know about it within the first week or so, and we would of course replace the whole light assemblies at no cost. As far as the gauge of the splice connector, it looks to be between 18 and 14 gauge. I believe you can re-use the connectors.
Actually my halogen went out that I orders from procivic...

From what I've seen in the forum, the bulbs that come with them are crap and blow out within a short period of time. I swapped to PIAA H1s and they were good.

Last edited:
@323 @Phroze @xXCiviXx

Got my Extreme HID Kit from @XenonDepot. I'm new to HIDs and have a couple questions.

1) Am I correct to assume that I do not need the wiring to the right in the photo below? (Wires that have O rings to connect to the battery)

2) In the other 2 photos you can see that the plug on the Spec D headlights and the plug on the HID kit are different. How do I connect to OEM female plug?

Thanks!

image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

If your HID kit is 35W you don't need to wire to the battery. If it is a 55w HID kit you will.

As far as connecting the HID kit, you need to connect the factory wiring to the headlight assembly. 9006 male plug, connected to the black/ blue plug going into the headlight.

You will now need to cut the grooved circle out of the plastic part that covers where the bulb and wiring are on the headlight. This is where you plug the Spec D headlight H1 connectors to the "wall plug" looking part of the hit kit.

From here, that wall plug part should run to the ballast, then come out as 2 wires that turn into small connectors then connect to the light assembly. Put the wiring through the hard plastic back of the headlight assembly and pull the grommet through so it seals the hole so no moisture can get in. Connect the bulb to the housing and that should be it! Test that the HID bulbs work before installing the bumper. If they don't turn on, you may need to switch wires that connect to the wall plug looking piece. I think black is positive and blue is negative if I remember correctly from when I did mine. Hope this helps. Let me know if there is anything else you need to trouble shoot!

Thanks. It is a 35 W kit.
I didn't realize there was cutting involved. Anyone have pictures of this?
Still not entirely clear for me where that the wall plug like connector goes.

Back