stilletto's '11 Subaru WRX Sedan

very nice car. ive owned an 05 wrx, an 06 wrx, and have built 1 motor. I actually just got out of the subaru game due to not being able to afford repairs on my hawkeye. now i own a 2012 si sedan with a warranty haha. Ill own another subie some day when the money is right. Take care of that car and from one enthusiast to another, please please do your research before modding. Those motors are very picky about what you put on them. Enjoy it though! I miss the torque haha

very nice car. ive owned an 05 wrx, an 06 wrx, and have built 1 motor. I actually just got out of the subaru game due to not being able to afford repairs on my hawkeye. now i own a 2012 si sedan with a warranty haha. Ill own another subie some day when the money is right. Take care of that car and from one enthusiast to another, please please do your research before modding. Those motors are very picky about what you put on them. Enjoy it though! I miss the torque haha
I assume you think I still drive a WRX. Haha.

He doesn't have the WRX anymore. He has an EVO.

So what repairs did you need to get done on your Hawkeye? I previously owned a '07 WRX (now I have a '15 WRX)

Oh well that's what I get for not reading the whole thread. It had a bad exhaust valve and it got worse and worse over time until it kept throwing misfire codes. Which sucks cause I loved that car

I truly enjoyed my Stinkeye. Haha. I just couldn't fathom spending roughly ten grand on a transmission swap.

yea its damn near impossible to own an older wrx and it be reliable haha. by the time you spend the money to make the power and reliability, you might as well buy an sti. I definitely learned my lesson. Spent 13k on an 05 wrx (back in 2009), slapped a bunch of parts on it and blew it up mid protune, spent 8k and 6 months on a motor build, and then i sold it in fear of wrecking that glass-made transmission. Sold it for an ap1 s2000 though =) Sold the s2000 for an 06 wrx. Spent A LOT of money and time on getting it to where i wanted it to only get a burnt exhaust valve and a bunch of misfire codes. Now im back in a honda and have a lot less stress haha. I talk bad about maintaining a subaru but im a huge fan and when the money is right, ill get me another one. Its a sickness.

I truly enjoyed my Stinkeye. Haha. I just couldn't fathom spending roughly ten grand on a transmission swap.
What transmission?

My buddy just swapped a STi 6-speed (used) into his '11 WRX. He did most of the work himself or with friends and it was under $3,500.

It just takes time finding the right deal on the trans and always Subaru people willing to help install. :)

I was told by every shop in the Chicagoland area that the biggest issue would be the DCCD Controller and being stuck running on one setting. Also, that axles would have to be sent off to a machine shop to fit, OR you'd have to buy w full set of suspension and brakes from an STI.

One dude around here had the full swap done, transmission, electronics, suspension, brakes, etc. and it cost him nearly $11k or so..

I was told by every shop in the Chicagoland area that the biggest issue would be the DCCD Controller and being stuck running on one setting. Also, that axles would have to be sent off to a machine shop to fit, OR you'd have to buy w full set of suspension and brakes from an STI.

Sounds like they either wanted to charge you an arm and leg or they didn't want to do the work...

One dude around here had the full swap done, transmission, electronics, suspension, brakes, etc. and it cost him nearly $11k or so..

$11k... Must be a Chicago price hike ;) :giggle:

Threw some money in the air and a near mint set of RPF1's appeared. Now I need to go low.
33252628ec8afbe8aa5b531c2de40e82.jpg

Back