What do you like/dislike about your car?

Nope. Never had it on since 1st week. It seems like the gear is slipping or its trying to take on the highest gear at 0mph :/ Either that or I really have a big ratio first gear.....

Last edited by a moderator:
Nope. Never had it on since 1st week. It seems like the gear is slipping or its trying to take on the highest gear at 0mph :/ Either that or I really have a big ratio first gear.....
See if a tech from your dealer will ride with you. He would be able to tell if its normal or not.

When I 1st got mine(automatic) it did a lot of hesitation coming off Zero, I tried every different thing I could with the gears and econ and TC, but now it works fine after about a 5k, even with it in econ, but if I'm going to pull out in front of someone where I need to count on it to do right by me, I drop it into D3, and it works fine.

I don't know if it was the car or just me learning how to press the pedal correctly so as to get it moving.............. Note, I had a 4 banger Jeep with a smaller engine than this one......... If you came from a 6 or 8 .... 2 or 3L .............. Forget-a'bout-it...........

I came from a 2002 2.4l MIVEC converted into VR4 4g63 engine that was pieced together....... so 4 banger all the way.... I just thought it might be the acceleration. I was told the newer cars are all digital when it comes to the gas petals now...

I came from a 2002 2.4l MIVEC converted into VR4 4g63 engine that was pieced together....... so 4 banger all the way.... I just thought it might be the acceleration. I was told the newer cars are all digital when it comes to the gas petals now...
A 2.4 makes a difference, and yes the gas pedal is digital(fly-by-wire), but when I say me pressing the pedal correctly I'm actually talking about me, not the pedal. Kind of like bolling, throw it down the alley enough times and we're going to get better control, but the ball remains the same.

Last edited:
upcoming to 15k. It at least understand how I drive on the highway/freeway and down shifts automatically.
Thinking about it, it seemed to start working correctly when I just quit trying to overcome it(with the exception of using D3).

Good luck with it, and taking it to the dealer wouldn't hurt, but it would be better if you asked to drive one like yours(your SO is thinking about the '13), and you could see the diff' yourself. Don't have to tell them why your taking a test drive.

Thinking about it, it seemed to start working correctly when I just quit trying to overcome it(with the exception of using D3).

Good luck with it, and taking it to the dealer wouldn't hurt, but it would be better if you asked to drive one like yours(your SO is thinking about the '13), and you could see the diff' yourself. Don't have to tell them why your taking a test drive.

I was thinking the same as well. Thanks

2012 Civic Hybrid

The car beeps if I close the door, put the key in the ignition, turn on the radio, so on and so on. I'm thinking of returning my car based on all this beeping.

Also I can't find a single person that will help me disable the beeping. I'm not a stupid person and I don't drive without my seltbelt, so the safety features are excessive and patronizing. I bought the car, I expect to use it the way I want.

Unfortunately, most tuners/modders dont drive hybrids (nothing wrong with them) so its somewhat hard to relate to your issue. The only beep I have is when the door is open with the car keys in or when I first turn on the car (5 beeps)

2012 Civic Hybrid

The car beeps if I close the door, put the key in the ignition, turn on the radio, so on and so on. I'm thinking of returning my car based on all this beeping.

Also I can't find a single person that will help me disable the beeping. I'm not a stupid person and I don't drive without my seltbelt, so the safety features are excessive and patronizing. I bought the car, I expect to use it the way I want.
I would bring it in to the dealer. I don't know anyone who owns a hybrid though, so I'm not sure if that's normal or not.
The only time I ever hear beeping is when my keys are still in the ignition. When in the ignition, the car beeps when the door is open and when the seatbelt is not on.

-Transmission (vast improvement from my 2006)
-More low-down power (huge improvement for city driving)
-Fuel economy
-i-MID system
-Music Options (XM, USB, AUX, etc)
-Improved seat durability
-Stock Si Rims are nice
-Exterior styling is very sharp - gets lots of compliments.
-Interior design is nice, despite barely passable interior materials.
-Safety features (my first 2012 was totaled by someone running a red light - the airbags definitely work).
-Stock sound system
-Handling compared to most compact cars.

DISLIKES:
-Spoiler not as prominent as I'd like (and I don't need a huge wing).
-Assembly is definitely less tight than previous years - major fitment consistency issues from car to car.
-Interior plastics, while durable, a major step backwards. Very cheap by comparison.
-Carpet is more like felt glued on cardboard - cheap.
-Headliner is thinner than an eggshell carton.
-Handling not nearly as good as my 2006 Si was
-Stock all-season tires are useless in snowy conditions. I've never been so freaked driving in inclement weather, and I've got YEARS of experience in it.
-Steering is numb at higher speeds compared to my 2006 Si (requires constant adjustments).
-Panel gaps are noticeably larger on the exterior of the car.
-LED tailights would have been nice.
-Interior storage spaces are reduced, removed, or rendered useless compared to 8th gen.
-Glass scratches too easily (seriously?)
-Paint is very thin.
-Clutch clicks/squeaks
-Wiper blades don't work well in snow/ice (windshield is too big, not enough pressure at ends of blades)
-Such a vast improvement of the 2013s after just one model year - disappointing as someone who purchased a 2012. I expected Honda to put their best effort forward from the beginning. This was not the case.

Back