Wheel Fitment Charts!

I'm planning on getting 18x8.5 +38, 235/40/18 SuperSports (the warranty is just crazy good) dropped on StreetAdvance coilover to just above the tire (not super low or slammed at all just a nice little drop and improved ride quality).

Would front camber be neccessary, I'm assuming rear will be -- at least a little bit? Also do you all think the wheel/tire setup will fit without rubbing? I really can't stand the stretched look at all so I'm trying to get the tire that will fit the wheels the best without rub.

I'm planning on getting 18x8.5 +38, 235/40/18 SuperSports (the warranty is just crazy good) dropped on StreetAdvance coilover to just above the tire (not super low or slammed at all just a nice little drop and improved ride quality).

Would front camber be neccessary, I'm assuming rear will be -- at least a little bit? Also do you all think the wheel/tire setup will fit without rubbing? I really can't stand the stretched look at all so I'm trying to get the tire that will fit the wheels the best without rub.

Well I will know very soon in about 2 weeks. I have 18x8.5+35. Going with 235/40/18 S-drives and going be lowered on pro-kit with camber arms to be safe. Once I get mine on you will know how your fits. There is only a 3mm difference between our setups.

Well I will know very soon in about 2 weeks. I have 18x8.5+35. Going with 235/40/18 S-drives and going be lowered on pro-kit with camber arms to be safe. Once I get mine on you will know how your fits. There is only a 3mm difference between our setups.
yeah very close! thanks guys :D

Sounds good! Whenever I get mine on (still working on buying the wheels) I'll post up here as well to add to the spreadsheet!

Heres my setup

BBS LM's Front 18x8 rear 18x9 +35 offset sedan drop: 3/3.75 camber: 0/-2 fender roll: yes Tire size: F-215/35R18 R-215/40R18 Rubbing: Very minor(only going up drive ways) Spacers:No

Would I be able to rock a 17x8 +28 wrapped in 215/45 with a 2.25 drop in the front and a 2 inch drop in the rear, with no rubbing or fender modification?

245/40-18 is not a good size tire for the 9th gen Civic, or any other generation Civic for that matter. S2KJay is on 225/40-18 I'm pretty sure and I'd say that's a tad too big for our cars, but he's stretching them over 9.5" wheels, so that probably takes care of a couple hundredths of an inch in overall diameter. 235/40-18 on 8.5" wide wheels is going to be too big. Of course, this is all assuming you'd like the car to function properly. If you're just going for a certain look, I can totally understand. I had 15x8 +10r +25f Equip 03s with 195/45s on an EJ1 before, so I understand not giving a **** about maintaining close proximity to stock tire size, but I just figured I'd let everyone know that 245/40-18 is entirely too big for a Civic.

245/40-18 is not a good size tire for the 9th gen Civic, or any other generation Civic for that matter. S2KJay is on 225/40-18 I'm pretty sure and I'd say that's a tad too big for our cars, but he's stretching them over 9.5" wheels, so that probably takes care of a couple hundredths of an inch in overall diameter. 235/40-18 on 8.5" wide wheels is going to be too big. Of course, this is all assuming you'd like the car to function properly. If you're just going for a certain look, I can totally understand. I had 15x8 +10r +25f Equip 03s with 195/45s on an EJ1 before, so I understand not giving a **** about maintaining close proximity to stock tire size, but I just figured I'd let everyone know that 245/40-18 is entirely too big for a Civic.

Hmm rather saddening, don't know what I was expecting I guess...225/40/18s seem like the only way I'll get the 18x8.5s to fit I guess. Was really hoping the 235s would be okay especially with some of the fitment numbers in the spreadsheet saying no rub on some crazy numbers.

Hmm rather saddening, don't know what I was expecting I guess...225/40/18s seem like the only way I'll get the 18x8.5s to fit I guess. Was really hoping the 235s would be okay especially with some of the fitment numbers in the spreadsheet saying no rub on some crazy numbers.

I have the 225/40/18s with no issues at all no fender work or anything. With the 235/40/18 you are going to have to run camber for sure. Maybe roll the fenders In the rear. But that depends on how low you go

guys got a question , if im going to put an 235 40 17 on a x9 +35mm , do i have to have camber to make em work right ? or do i need to work on my fender ? im not gonna drop my car too low , just an inch and half . thanks in advance

You'll need camber, at least. I'd start with that before I did anything to my fenders.

I have the 225/40/18s with no issues at all no fender work or anything. With the 235/40/18 you are going to have to run camber for sure. Maybe roll the fenders In the rear. But that depends on how low you go

I haven't measured it out, but I want about half a finger space between tire and fender look (not slammed just a little drop compared to some here) to give an idea of how low.

So you don't even have rear camber with the 225s?

Last edited:
Back