Wheel Fitment Charts!

I haven't measured it out, but I want about half a finger space between tire and fender look (not slammed just a little drop compared to some here) to give an idea of how low.

So you don't even have rear camber with the 225s?

I don't have any camber kits. But that might change when my redshift coils come in. I'm going to drop mine to about a finger all around

guys got a question , if im going to put an 235 40 17 on a x9 +35mm , do i have to have camber to make em work right ? or do i need to work on my fender ? im not gonna drop my car too low , just an inch and half . thanks in advance

Your going to need camber for sure no questions asked! I agree with him. Do the camber first and see how that comes out before touching the fender

... 235/40-18 on 8.5" wide wheels is going to be too big. Of course, this is all assuming you'd like the car to function properly. ....

It's not too big at all.
Comparison by other numbers:
Stock: 215/45/17
Sidewall 3.8"
Diameter 24.6"
Revs/mile 819.0

New tire: 225/45/17
Sidewall 4.0"
Diameter 25"
Revs/mile 808.0

Take note of the fact that the tire sidewall has increased by 0.2"
This means you have reduced your effective torque on a car with low tq anyway.
If you really want the best performance size tire on the stock rim:
The 235/40/17 is a much better size.
Reduced sidewall height from 3.8" to 3.7"
Increased contact patch.
For track, auto-x, and other high performance events this is the size to run.

On a larger wider rim than stock the 235 is an even better choice if you have the space to run it. You will not have any stretch. Stretched tires is definitely not for function.

It's not too big at all.
Comparison by other numbers:
Stock: 215/45/17
Sidewall 3.8"
Diameter 24.6"
Revs/mile 819.0

New tire: 225/45/17
Sidewall 4.0"
Diameter 25"
Revs/mile 808.0

Take note of the fact that the tire sidewall has increased by 0.2"
This means you have reduced your effective torque on a car with low tq anyway.
If you really want the best performance size tire on the stock rim:
The 235/40/17 is a much better size.
Reduced sidewall height from 3.8" to 3.7"
Increased contact patch.
For track, auto-x, and other high performance events this is the size to run.

On a larger wider rim than stock the 235 is an even better choice if you have the space to run it. You will not have any stretch. Stretched tires is definitely not for function.

What you quoted (235) and what you compared (225) are slightly different though. You also are comparing the 45s, what do you think of the fitment of the 235/40/18s? I do wish to run the 235s, as you mentioned -- they would be a better choice, just trying to work out the fitment. Based on other comments in here they will definitely rub. Now, being that I am getting a turbo I obviously want the most tire on the road as I can get.

If I run slight rear camber, do you all think the 235s will fit with a small drop on 8.5" wide (almost at the highest setting on coilovers or something along those lines)?

The 235/40 vs the 225/45 gives you a smaller sidewall with a larger contact patch. It is a better performance size. 225's are very popular as it is easier to fit on a large range of wheel sizes. From what I have been reading a lot of guys are fitting quite large wheels into the 9th gen fenders without having to do fender work. There are a lot of variables to the equation.

Section width on a 225 wide is about 9.2" so you can "safely" fit it onto a 9 but that would be the limit, IMO. 225 and 235 are very nice on 8, 8.5, & 9.

NM I see it...

I think your 18x8.5 +35 should be fine with a 225/40/18

Last edited:
The 235/40 vs the 225/45 gives you a smaller sidewall with a larger contact patch. It is a better performance size. 225's are very popular as it is easier to fit on a large range of wheel sizes. From what I have been reading a lot of guys are fitting quite large wheels into the 9th gen fenders without having to do fender work. There are a lot of variables to the equation.

Section width on a 225 wide is about 9.2" so you can "safely" fit it onto a 9 but that would be the limit, IMO. 225 and 235 are very nice on 8, 8.5, & 9.

NM I see it...

I think your 18x8.5 +35 should be fine with a 225/40/18

Got it, thanks for the input!

I already ordered rpf1's with x9 ,oh my god i heard camber is a bit expensive , on the chart i see a rpf1 x9 without camber but syock height . How much money i need to buy camber ?

I already ordered rpf1's with x9 ,oh my god i heard camber is a bit expensive , on the chart i see a rpf1 x9 without camber but syock height . How much money i need to buy camber ?

Stock height lots of stuff will fit. But your going to lower it! So you will need camber arms most likely. Which they run about 140-160 on eBay for the Godspeeds which are pretty good camber arms I had them on my 8thgen for about 6 months and had not one issue!
Also camber bolts for the front. They like 25 shipped!

So if i add camber that will solve my problem from rubbing right ? But how about the tire wear ?

Yea that would help with rubbing! Longs as you stay under -3 camber mark you will be fine and make sure you rotate your tires like your supposed to! It really depends on how low you go on the car will determine how much camber you have to run

thanks ! just another question , would you recomend putting 225 on x9's? what tire brand should i buy ? do you think falken ziex 512 is ok ? need your opinion , because the guy from tire shop wants me to put 255 on a civic crazy ,

thanks ! just another question , would you recomend putting 225 on x9's? what tire brand should i buy ? do you think falken ziex 512 is ok ? need your opinion , because the guy from tire shop wants me to put 255 on a civic crazy ,

Well it depends on what you like. If you like the stretch tire look then a 225 on a x9 rim is for your. But ppl do it all the time. I think a 235/40 will be just fine. 225 is going to be the absolute minimum I would run. Tire brand the falken Azenis FK453 are awesome! The Yokohama S-Drives are awesome as well. Star spec z2 are top notch but they cost $$$$$ so I would go with any if those tires. I have the 225/40/18s falken Azenis Fk453 and I love them!

You can't fit a 254 on a civic without getting a 255/35 but will have to have the fenders rolled and pulled and possibly shaved as well and the rear is going to be hell fitting something like! Lol. Stay between 225/40-235/40 and should be fine with about -2.3 camber in the rear and shouldn't have any issues!

Guys, I feel it's worth mentioning that tread life has very little to do with camber. As long as you're not running extreme camber settings, your tires will wear just about as fast whether you're at 0 degrees or -5 degrees. You'll start wearing out other parts faster than normal, but not tires. Toe being out of alignment is what eats tires.

When you run more than around -1.5 degrees of camber, you may notice that the tire wears more toward the inside of the car. This is because you are obviously putting more friction on that part of the tire. However, if the tire were to have been square to the pavement, you would have still worn the contacting area just as much and needed to replace your tires in close to the same amount of time. Granted, because a smaller area of the tire is handling more of the friction, it will wear slightly faster, but I'm talking maybe 1000-1500 miles faster on a tire that would usually last 25k miles.

The rear of these cars toe out significantly when lowered, so an alignment is needed as immediately as possible after one lowers the 9th gen Civic. I would say anything between 0 and -5 degrees of camber, with the proper toe settings, should wear tires at a very similar rate of distance traveled.

Of course, there are people who disagree with this, but they are wrong. I am right.

Last edited:
Back