xXCiviXx's 2013 DBP Si aka Alice (Picture Heavy)

:unicorn:!!! More snow again!?
Are those pics calendar quality? If yes, you should enter them in the contest.

:unicorn:!!! More snow again!?
Are those pics calendar quality? If yes, you should enter them in the contest.
I know!!! Its +15 to 20C all week, rains yesterday and around +10C then snows overnight and will be +10 to 20 for the rest of the week! Lol.

I'll have to look into the calendar sizing, but am hoping to have a few submissions i think, with the first couple pics from the first post and maybe some more snow pics if it snows on one of my days off so I can get some pictures in nicer areas

Super productive day! Took off the front bumper and headlights. Secured the LED bar connections better as the driver side was not connected fully and would flicker when I was changing Switchback bulbs. Swapped out the SMD switchbacks for Projector style CREE switchbacks. Will post pics tomorrow. Swapped stock brake lights for CREE LED brake lights.

Left CREE, right stock (shown as parking lights)
20141003_124716.jpg

Both CREE (shown as parking lights)
20141003_125003.jpg
Spent another 3.5 - 4 hours deadening, this time in the trunk. Another 3 and I should have it all done and put back together!!!
20141003_145509.jpg

How much is all the deadening material going to cost you? I have thought about doing this too, as mush for sound quality/lack of vibration rattles, as for tire noise which is pretty bad in the 2012s.

50 Sq ft cost me about 100 USD and because everywhere loves shipping to Canada it was another 35 US for shipping and customs. The 2013s are a little better for noise reduction from factory but still pretty loud if you ride with the back seats down. I haven't had a chance to drive it yet because I didn't finish yesterday and left it at my friends parents shop where I was working on it. I should have it done today, everything re installed and will take it for a drive to see how much of an improvement it makes! If you do plan on doing this, make sure you have a whole day set aside to do rear deck and trunk. I'm guessing about 10 hours minimum from start to finish.

Finished deadening the left side of the trunk today. Just have spare tire pit and trunk lid to do.

20141004_173531.jpg

Here's the shots of the new switchbacks as promised

20141004_155136.jpg
20141004_155240.jpg

EDIT: Finished deadening the trunk and reinstalled carpet. On initial drive and music test there does seem to be a reduction of road noise and the bass seems to be tighter and cleaner with significantly less rattling of rear deck, wires, rear diffuser, ect. The sunroof hose or XM unit/wiring still seems to be rattling under certain frequencies so I'm going to wrap them up individually in foam so they don't hit each other. Then again it could be the passenger side trunk vent in the wheel well. I'll have to try a couple thing out to get rid of it, but for now it's only audible from the outside.

Last edited:
Fixed the rattle in the trunk by putting some foam on the bottom of the vents so they don't hit the hard plastic. Installed a carbon fibre wrapped Honda emblem on the sub enclosure.
20141007_122140.jpg

Wrapped the fuse box cover with Carbon fibre
20141006_083817.jpg
20141006_095238.jpg
2014-10-06 19.51.42.jpg

Installed JL Audio C2 Component speakers in the front doors and tweeter locations
20141006_170747.jpg
20141006_184429.jpg

And to top it all off, I got a nice picture with the moon as the sun was setting in the opposite direction
20141006_190516.jpg

Last edited:
Man I really need to research how to just upgrade the sub...I am great with sound systems, but am lost as to what my options are without having to pull tons of stuff out

+1 for your thread though man!

Man I really need to research how to just upgrade the sub...I am great with sound systems, but am lost as to what my options are without having to pull tons of stuff out

+1 for your thread though man!

Thanks!

Well for the sound system you pretty much only have two options. Easy upgrade or all out upgrade.

The all out upgrade requires bypassing the stock amp and using the differential outputs provided by the head unit, converting the low power pre amp wires to RCAs and running those to your amp (the amp has to accept differential balanced inputs or you won't get anything). This is what I am going to do once I buy the JL HD 900/5 amp which is 100W x 4 to the speakers and 500W x 1 to the sub.

The easy upgrade is... well, easy!! At least if you do it the way I did. I bought a JL 500W mono amp and a 10W3 sub. The JL JX 500/1 is a relatively inexpensive amplifier and is a perfect pair for the W3 sub. My installation requires an amp that MUST have hi level inputs.

All you need to do is:
1. Run power and remote wires (I used 8 AWG power wire) from hood to trunk (or wherever your amp will be)
2. Use an "Add a circuit" adapter to tap a fuse from the under dash fuse box or use a T-Tap to tap the stock amplifier remote wire in the preamp harness.
3. Use 2 T-taps to tap the positive and negative stock sub wires and run those wires to the Hi level input connector for the amp.
4. Attach your ground, amp output to sub, in line fuse under the hood and then connect power to the battery
5. Tune amp

This method is so easy you don't need to take the dash apart and you could have the install done in about half an hour. Plus you can keep the stock subwoofer controls to control the aftermarket sub!!

Last edited:
Finished installing interior LED lighting today. Hooked up to an "add a circuit" adapter so they're on when the keys are in. Just need a Honda accessory "magic" switch so i can turn them on at will
2014-10-08 17.02.28.jpg

Last edited:
Looks awesome! Of
Must be nice to have a garage to work in.
Thanks Pauly! I actually did all my recent work on the driveway. My roommate has his quad torn apart in my spot in the garage right now lol. Luckily the weather has cooperated the past little bit so i could get everything done! I'm running out of ideas of stuff to do!! :hyper: I don't think I'm gunna do any major mods until the spring (Coilovers, rims, ect) because there's no point if there's lots of snow this winter. Definitely going to upgrade my amplifier to a JL HD 900/5 in the near future so i can delete the stock amp

Last edited:
Back