ultimate racing downpipe

does the video pick up the sound well or no? It seems kinda loud, not sure if it's the camera. Otherwise, this is great stuff...thanks man!

the sound quality of the first video is pretty good. Its a GoPro attached to the rear bumper and some driving around. The camera was sideways so the resolution is a lil weird but future videos will be the correct resolution

Where you from? Recognized from the video its coupe wit hfp kit and Ontario plates. I have a TW HFP coupe and my plates end with 888 also lol

another UL vid will be done here later tonight... it's currently downloading. I'll edit and upload it/post it here.

does the video pick up the sound well or no? It seems kinda loud, not sure if it's the camera. Otherwise, this is great stuff...thanks man!

Well the video is my car with a Metal core high flow cat and the catback exhaust doesn't have a resonator and 2nd muffler. It is extremly loud and I did order a 2nd muffler for the catback. I will send a video to webby when I have the 2nd muffler installed so he can edit it and post it up for us.

They say it does bolt to the stock exhaust or the Ultimate-Racing which I have.. But the defouler i'm not sure.. doesn't look like it.. That means it will definitely throw some type of code..

S2KJAY, Michael Kelley & anyone else with UR dp & exhaust setup,

I have a few questions. I post to the other forum often and came across this one while researching downpipes and exhausts.
I love the sound of your dp, exhaust & 2nd muffler, sounds way better than the UR black si on their website and better than FR downpipe.
Anyways I have some questions...
  1. In searching 2.5" & 3" exhaust systems it seems to be a split decision on which size to go with? NA - 2.5", FI - 3". What are your thoughts?
  2. Some are saying a 3" dp & exhaust setup is too big for low end (under 2,600rpm's) and you lose some low-end to mid-range torque as compared to 2.5". Do you feel a lose of power under 2.5-3K?
  3. The acceleration seems to be much faster with the addition of your dp & exhaust. Is this true?
  4. Our ECU's are very smart and will retune back to stock of things are off. Do you feel that this occurred or your Si's is still going strong with your mods?
  5. The UR setup is quite expensive, do you feel that this setup will ever rust out on you at any time? (5 yr. warranty from UR)
  6. 2.5" shows to have no problem with hp up to and a bit better than 250hp, are you aware of this? 3" is for applications greater than 300hp. Thoughts?
  7. Please feel free to brag about your setup. I too have the Injen CAI & P2R TBS, just trying to make the right decision on dp & exhaust.
  8. Do you feel the reflash was a plus for this setup or probably not?
  9. How much more hp & tq are you expecting from flashpro if you choose to go that route?
Thank you!

Welcome to the forum

Just know that a lot of the questions you're asking, no one has concrete answers to. No one has done their own dyno results to see figures on both exhausts, both downpipes, or whatever to compare things. You can obviously look at their dyno figures, but every dyno is going to read differently. Your car could be totally different based on altitude, the dyno used, etc. The same with flashpro. No one will have a clue as to what could be achieved with flashpro tuning as opposed to the stock ecu or the hondata reflash. So, while people can make their own educated guesses on what will happen with x part or x ecu tune... it's all guesswork. The k20 engine in the 8th gen si saw gains with a 3" exhaust in NA applications. The k24 head design is entirely different from the k20 though, so there is really no way to know anything concrete until someone does the dyno work. Sadly, it's just going to take time and a lot of users doing the legwork. It's just not been done yet.

Welcome to the forum

Just know that a lot of the questions you're asking, no one has concrete answers to. No one has done their own dyno results to see figures on both exhausts, both downpipes, or whatever to compare things. You can obviously look at their dyno figures, but every dyno is going to read differently. Your car could be totally different based on altitude, the dyno used, etc. The same with flashpro. No one will have a clue as to what could be achieved with flashpro tuning as opposed to the stock ecu or the hondata reflash. So, while people can make their own educated guesses on what will happen with x part or x ecu tune... it's all guesswork. The k20 engine in the 8th gen si saw gains with a 3" exhaust in NA applications. The k24 head design is entirely different from the k20 though, so there is really no way to know anything concrete until someone does the dyno work. Sadly, it's just going to take time and a lot of users doing the legwork. It's just not been done yet.

Thank you. & thanks for the quick reply!
Yep, that is what I figured. Just hoping for like you stated, "educated guesses" & experiences, which are few and far between right now.

Welcome to the forum

they see high gain because of high rev.

You have to consider that a low end loss would only be felt if the engine was delivering 100% power between 1000-2500 rpms, which it never is. I haven't noticed ANY low end loss. I don't have a reflash yet, but i do notice a gain in power as i have raced my friends MK6 GTI and im pulling away on him pretty decently now. Still waiting for FlashPro at the moment.

i see it this way,they both produce the same hp but UR have no low end tq as for rv6 does. anything after 300hp you gonna need 3inch.

Not sure where you got that info...UR claimed 20whp gain where RV6 claimed only 13whp gain. Please note that I used the word 'claim' and in no way advertise that those numbers are accurate. I'm simply saying they nowhere indicate that those 2 pieces produced the same results.

Back